Status
Not open for further replies.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lappie III has been ordered and will be here on the 18th. Files have been recovered, corrupt in places but intact. Accidental research has given me a new insight into my first novel: The corrupt sections can and will be replaced with something better. The short stories can be re-written from older versions…seriously… it isn’t like I have a whole lot of other stuff to do. (well, I do…but it doesn’t seem quite as pressing…for example….I’m just not going to battle deer and groundhogs over the garden this year. I can choose to adapt to a diet that is higher in protein…(venison is delicious and I bet, with the right amount of seasoning, that groundhogs can be made to be quite tasty) Look…that’s 6 hours a week RIGHT THERE, and helping friends with their taxes…well, that is what Turbo Tax is for, (and quite frankly, I would prefer to write ‘One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish’, the musical… in Tagalog…than to re-read the tax code for free just to explain…anything to someone who is more than capable of figuring it out for themselves) Look more time for ME!!!
So….barring any more useless and time consuming drama….permission to proceed with wild eyed, reckless abandon! ***attaches jet motor to pogo stick. Puts roller skates on pogo stick. Changes six white horses to mice and attaches them to pogo stick. Puts on goggles. Revs engine***

Things moving along
:Sun::Sun::Sun:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I see you didn't get any writing done either.

*sigh*

Oh. Wait. I actually did.

1400 wurdz. Readz them and weep, suckahs!

Where's my nanner, reg?

:snoopy:

1400 words
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

no nanner but a hot toddy and chicken soup for your cold

hot_toddy.jpg

chicken-noodle-soup_bowl2.jpg

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Not much to report. Still messing with my blog before it goes live, so maybe next week I'll post the link for that.

In other news I did manage to get my book up on Amazon, Bread & Butter: The Murders of Polly Frisch. Link is in my siggy.

Nothing new on the plagiarism front other than one of the other authors (whose work was also put into this collection of murder tales) contacted me again. So we are going to try and coordinate our cease and desist letters at the same time.

That is all....

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not much to report. Still messing with my blog before it goes live, so maybe next week I'll post the link for that.

In other news I did manage to get my book up on Amazon, Bread & Butter: The Murders of Polly Frisch. Link is in my siggy.

Nothing new on the plagiarism front other than one of the other authors (whose work was also put into this collection of murder tales) contacted me again. So we are going to try and coordinate our cease and desist letters at the same time.

That is all....

Book listed on Amazon
:yessmiley:yessmiley:yessmiley

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Time For This Week's Awards For Awesomeness

Nanner-Saoirse
:banana::banana::banana:

Word Count-Saoirse 5,994
:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Reporting With Words While Sick-Haggis
:e2heartbe:e2heartbe:e2heartbe

Chapeau of Shame-HistorySleuth
:e2paperba:e2paperba:e2paperba

LilliCray

Plot? What plot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mutteringsofascribe.blogspot.com
What what what?? It's 2013?? Crap, I am so behind on my time-attentiveness...

Classes start on Monday. And I can't get all my textbooks in time. :eek:

Ah, well. This week I did practically nothing... no words, but my incurable insomnia and all-nighter have produced a freaking epic new shiny idea of storyness! Which I probably shouldn't write until I finish my NaNo draft... but buggerall, I'm sick of that stupid thing. All the characters suck. And this new idea turns a trope on its head and also the main character is kind of a sociopath and deer hunting! So I did a little research/note-taking on that. And got lots done today* (actually yesterday; why can't I sleeeeeep??? :() and actually asked people! Questions! and stuff! And they were total strangers! Yay me!

*By "lots done," I mean "lots done towards getting the hold on my registration lifted so I can get my textbooks and also getting my phone back from when I left it in the car when I got a ride to my dorm from the bus station and calling my mom who was panicked because she never checks her email and so never got the email I sent her saying I didn't have my phone but didn't die before getting to the dorm safely". Wow, that was majorly abbreviated.

Sooo... yeah. School. Blech. I'll probably disappear off the grid again for a few months... so I thought I might as well report in, even if I don't have anything noteworthy to report. :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What what what?? It's 2013?? Crap, I am so behind on my time-attentiveness...

Classes start on Monday. And I can't get all my textbooks in time. :eek:

Ah, well. This week I did practically nothing... no words, but my incurable insomnia and all-nighter have produced a freaking epic new shiny idea of storyness! Which I probably shouldn't write until I finish my NaNo draft... but buggerall, I'm sick of that stupid thing. All the characters suck. And this new idea turns a trope on its head and also the main character is kind of a sociopath and deer hunting! So I did a little research/note-taking on that. And got lots done today* (actually yesterday; why can't I sleeeeeep??? :() and actually asked people! Questions! and stuff! And they were total strangers! Yay me!

*By "lots done," I mean "lots done towards getting the hold on my registration lifted so I can get my textbooks and also getting my phone back from when I left it in the car when I got a ride to my dorm from the bus station and calling my mom who was panicked because she never checks her email and so never got the email I sent her saying I didn't have my phone but didn't die before getting to the dorm safely". Wow, that was majorly abbreviated.

Sooo... yeah. School. Blech. I'll probably disappear off the grid again for a few months... so I thought I might as well report in, even if I don't have anything noteworthy to report. :D

Nanner Time
:banana::banana::banana:

Research
:Lecture::Lecture::Lecture:

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
Good start to 2013 so far

Getting some good, new work and challenges

• Recv'd BIG assignment w/ very short turnaround, but took it to challenge myself and make a fave ed. happy
  • Asked to prep my client's CEO for an interview on an article topic I wrote for them
  • Started new blog (I hear you, HS on WP themes - they can make you insane!) - 800 words
  • Completed three blog/article assignments - about 2K words
  • Contacted interview sources for upcoming articles
  • Got a little bit 'o money in the mail for 2012 work

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Reporting in...

3,172 words written, broke 100k on the draft
Finished freelance job
Researched ideas for a new story

3,172 words

research
:Lecture::Lecture::Lecture:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Getting some good, new work and challenges

• Recv'd BIG assignment w/ very short turnaround, but took it to challenge myself and make a fave ed. happy
  • Asked to prep my client's CEO for an interview on an article topic I wrote for them
  • Started new blog (I hear you, HS on WP themes - they can make you insane!) - 800 words
  • Completed three blog/article assignments - about 2K words
  • Contacted interview sources for upcoming articles
  • Got a little bit 'o money in the mail for 2012 work

2800 words

3 Blog posts
:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

big assignment
:Sun::Sun::Sun:

theelfchild

Thinking up something clever
Registered
Reaction score
oops, it's monday, ain't it? Ah well, I needed a new hat anyway.
16528 words edited,
1227 new words

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
First chapter edited. The ill tempered space dwarf, his snotty girlfriend and the oh-too-obvious alien take-over have been taken out and lovingly (because I not only liked Howie Smelton, but I really, REALLY, liked killing him. You just don't get a killing like that every day... ahem) put in a folder so I can possibly use it in the future.

Then I wrote 1,500 words of pure crap that I am going to re-read and delete late in the week.

Now that I've gotten the crap out....I'm going to write some more crap...ok?

.....uh...the brain sucking aliens are staying...as are all of the other characters.. and that thing that Haggis said I should do with Nora.... it may be a year before I am back at the stage to trot her out...

but.....

...wait til you 'see' Nora 2.0

:evil

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First chapter edited. The ill tempered space dwarf, his snotty girlfriend and the oh-too-obvious alien take-over have been taken out and lovingly (because I not only liked Howie Smelton, but I really, REALLY, liked killing him. You just don't get a killing like that every day... ahem) put in a folder so I can possibly use it in the future.

Then I wrote 1,500 words of pure crap that I am going to re-read and delete late in the week.

Now that I've gotten the crap out....I'm going to write some more crap...ok?

.....uh...the brain sucking aliens are staying...as are all of the other characters.. and that thing that Haggis said I should do with Nora.... it may be a year before I am back at the stage to trot her out...

but.....

...wait til you 'see' Nora 2.0

:evil

1500 words

1 chapter edited
:hooray::hooray::hooray:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered