The 2013 Weekend Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Yesh, but I've got to take EC's side. I mean, she's got lightning coming out of both sides of her head and stuff, you know?

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
It may not sound like much, but I 'found' my rejection slip file.

Half of them are straight photocopied rejections with no warmth at all.

But, on the other half, the editors and powers that be wrote encouraging stuff. Positive 'try again' stuff.

So that is this week. Next week I will either have recovered files or I will begin something new.

...and I will clip my nails to reduce the amount of typos...

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Yesh, but I've got to take EC's side. I mean, she's got lightning coming out of both sides of her head and stuff, you know?

True. But remember that the mama bear is always more fearsome than the baby bear and all that...

:D

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
-Entered the Resurrection poetry contest at AW

-Entered another writing contest about women of the 60s and 70s, what was happening, how it changed us etc. Entered a poem for that one too.

I like writing contests. Not that I think I'll win but it motivates me to step outside my writing box as well as for the discipline of deadlines.

-Waiting for conformation from Amazon to make a new listing for an already printed self published book my co-author found a couple cases of. Sigh... from 2000. (Used first edition of said book is going on Amazon as a collectors item. See? Crazy. Four must have sold as as there were 6 yesterday. Maybe cause at the moment it's out of print?)

-Working on my blog setup. Hoping to go live this week.

-I just noticed in my email (but this is from before). GalleyCat had a writing project thing I partook of for fun, a vampire literary remix. Everyone had to rewrite a page from this pre 1900 vampire novel. It's done now and is offered as a free ebook in a slew of formats. I downloaded it of course to see how it came out.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It may not sound like much, but I 'found' my rejection slip file.

Half of them are straight photocopied rejections with no warmth at all.

But, on the other half, the editors and powers that be wrote encouraging stuff. Positive 'try again' stuff.

So that is this week. Next week I will either have recovered files or I will begin something new.

...and I will clip my nails to reduce the amount of typos...

Found file
:):):)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
-Entered the Resurrection poetry contest at AW

-Entered another writing contest about women of the 60s and 70s, what was happening, how it changed us etc. Entered a poem for that one too.

I like writing contests. Not that I think I'll win but it motivates me to step outside my writing box as well as for the discipline of deadlines.

-Waiting for conformation from Amazon to make a new listing for an already printed self published book my co-author found a couple cases of. Sigh... from 2000. (Used first edition of said book is going on Amazon as a collectors item. See? Crazy. Four must have sold as as there were 6 yesterday. Maybe cause at the moment it's out of print?)

-Working on my blog setup. Hoping to go live this week.

-I just noticed in my email (but this is from before). GalleyCat had a writing project thing I partook of for fun, a vampire literary remix. Everyone had to rewrite a page from this pre 1900 vampire novel. It's done now and is offered as a free ebook in a slew of formats. I downloaded it of course to see how it came out.

2 submissions
:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

setting up blog
:Sun::Sun::Sun:

Briony-zisaya

Punctuation and I don't get along
Registered
Reaction score
Before I forget to do this, 3,000 words on WIP and two blog posts

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Time For This Week's Awards For Awesomeness

Nanner-Saoirse
:banana::banana::banana:

Word Count-triceretops 10,800
:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Words Edited-regdog 23,000
:e2writer::e2writer::e2writer:

Blog Posts-Briony-zisaya 2
:e2BIC::e2BIC::e2BIC:

Submissions-HistorySleuth 2
:e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

Chapeau of Shame-Briony-zisaya
:e2paperba:e2paperba:e2paperba

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
  • 12 new articles assigned
  • Sources located for another assignment
  • Started new blog for MOI
  • Worked on book for MOI
Probably totaled - 3K words

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nanner time?

5,994 words written
Replotted ending of WIP
Got another freelance editing job

Nanner Time Indeed
:banana::banana::banana:

5,994 words
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

New job

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
  • 12 new articles assigned
  • Sources located for another assignment
  • Started new blog for MOI
  • Worked on book for MOI
Probably totaled - 3K words

3,000 words

new blog

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
About 2,900 words of rewrite on WIP. Then five articles totaling 1,900. And one blog post at 900. That totals 5,700.

But the 20 words I used on FB to describe how our road got washed out in a flash flood don't count.

tri

5,700 words

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Lappie III has been ordered and will be here on the 18th. Files have been recovered, corrupt in places but intact. Accidental research has given me a new insight into my first novel: The corrupt sections can and will be replaced with something better. The short stories can be re-written from older versions…seriously… it isn’t like I have a whole lot of other stuff to do. (well, I do…but it doesn’t seem quite as pressing…for example….I’m just not going to battle deer and groundhogs over the garden this year. I can choose to adapt to a diet that is higher in protein…(venison is delicious and I bet, with the right amount of seasoning, that groundhogs can be made to be quite tasty) Look…that’s 6 hours a week RIGHT THERE, and helping friends with their taxes…well, that is what Turbo Tax is for, (and quite frankly, I would prefer to write ‘One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish’, the musical… in Tagalog…than to re-read the tax code for free just to explain…anything to someone who is more than capable of figuring it out for themselves) Look more time for ME!!!
So….barring any more useless and time consuming drama….permission to proceed with wild eyed, reckless abandon! ***attaches jet motor to pogo stick. Puts roller skates on pogo stick. Changes six white horses to mice and attaches them to pogo stick. Puts on goggles. Revs engine***

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Lappie III has been ordered and will be here on the 18th. Files have been recovered, corrupt in places but intact. Accidental research has given me a new insight into my first novel: The corrupt sections can and will be replaced with something better. The short stories can be re-written from older versions…seriously… it isn’t like I have a whole lot of other stuff to do. (well, I do…but it doesn’t seem quite as pressing…for example….I’m just not going to battle deer and groundhogs over the garden this year. I can choose to adapt to a diet that is higher in protein…(venison is delicious and I bet, with the right amount of seasoning, that groundhogs can be made to be quite tasty) Look…that’s 6 hours a week RIGHT THERE, and helping friends with their taxes…well, that is what Turbo Tax is for, (and quite frankly, I would prefer to write ‘One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish’, the musical… in Tagalog…than to re-read the tax code for free just to explain…anything to someone who is more than capable of figuring it out for themselves) Look more time for ME!!!
So….barring any more useless and time consuming drama….permission to proceed with wild eyed, reckless abandon! ***attaches jet motor to pogo stick. Puts roller skates on pogo stick. Changes six white horses to mice and attaches them to pogo stick. Puts on goggles. Revs engine***
I see you didn't get any writing done either.

*sigh*

Oh. Wait. I actually did.

1400 wurdz. Readz them and weep, suckahs!

Where's my nanner, reg?

:snoopy:

theelfchild

Thinking up something clever
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote about 1000 words in scraps and planning for new novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.