The 2013 Weekend Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briony-zisaya

Punctuation and I don't get along
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, no new word count progress on current book (until I finish here then I WILL WRITE!) but I've done 2 (or 3) blog posts and a TON of research.

Ok, off I go. Please refrain from sending flaming cats and dogs in my direction while I'm writing :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, no new word count progress on current book (until I finish here then I WILL WRITE!) but I've done 2 (or 3) blog posts and a TON of research.

Ok, off I go. Please refrain from sending flaming cats and dogs in my direction while I'm writing :D

2 blog posts
:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to remind everyone you can include the word count for blog posts in your total. Blog posts are writing too.

theelfchild

Thinking up something clever
Registered
Reaction score
I actually completely forgot that I did a blog post last week... XP

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Time For This Week's Awards For Awesomeness

Nanner-LilliCray
:banana::banana::banana:

Word Count-Yeshanu 5,796
:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Words Edited-theelfchild 16,528
:e2writer::e2writer::e2writer:

Blog Posts-bettielee 3
:e2BIC::e2BIC::e2BIC:

Chapeau of Shame-Briony-zisaya
:e2paperba:e2paperba:e2paperba

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
bday.gif

to the original WPR Dominatrix JeanneTGC

theelfchild

Thinking up something clever
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday JeanneTGC!!

22114 words edited!
And 1 blog post, 679 words.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dang it. Wasn't quick enough to snag the nanner. Better luck next week, I guess. ;)

5,451 words written, broke 110k.

5,451 words
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

You have to get up pretty early around here to snag the nanner.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
This week was a slog. Here's hoping my efforts are less painful next week.

Words: 5441

blog posts: 5

Poems written 6 - I know it's silly to mention poems written. But I'm doing a challenge to write a poem every day for 2013, and it is a word exercise, so it does feel like it's something that is furthering my writing, so I will go ahead and mention it. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This week was a slog. Here's hoping my efforts are less painful next week.

Words: 5441

blog posts: 5

Poems written 6 - I know it's silly to mention poems written. But I'm doing a challenge to write a poem every day for 2013, and it is a word exercise, so it does feel like it's something that is furthering my writing, so I will go ahead and mention it. :)

words 5441

blog posts 5

poems 6
:e2fairy::e2fairy::e2fairy:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Call me the 'Sweetie of Deletie'.

I need a new name for the first book of what used to be 'Source's Code', so maybe I'll call it 'Once Upon a Time in the Mustard Jar' until something else pops into my mind.

I wrote 640 words in this new thing that Brian inspired. I don't know if it will turn out to be a novel or just nothing. The biggest thing is that it is fiction but not a press release.

Oh...and the new lappie is all high tech with Windows 8 and it is really better for surfing than writing and accounting so I'm going to learn to love the desktop, and Brian is going to learn Photoshop.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score

A poem every day for a year? Ack! Definitely worth reporting. Maybe in February I'll take up the challenge and try a poem every... week! For just the month of February, mind you. :tongue

As for me, not so great a week:

Tuesday: Optometrist appointment, no words
Wednesday: Dentist appointment, no words
Thursday: Allergist appointment, drive Ally to Oakville, about 6 pages hand written
Friday: Appointment with Registered Nurse Practitioner, no words written
Sunday: Stayed home from church and did all the housework and stuff I didn't do during the week, about 650 words written

This week: Working at the church three days, and hopefully getting more written than last week. :)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
words 5441

blog posts 5

poems 6
:e2fairy::e2fairy::e2fairy:

I haz a fairies! :) Thanks my friend.

A poem every day for a year? Ack! Definitely worth reporting. Maybe in February I'll take up the challenge and try a poem every... week! For just the month of February, mind you. :tongue

As for me, not so great a week:

Tuesday: Optometrist appointment, no words
Wednesday: Dentist appointment, no words
Thursday: Allergist appointment, drive Ally to Oakville, about 6 pages hand written
Friday: Appointment with Registered Nurse Practitioner, no words written
Sunday: Stayed home from church and did all the housework and stuff I didn't do during the week, about 650 words written

This week: Working at the church three days, and hopefully getting more written than last week. :)

Yep. A poem every day. I missed a couple days. But I'm trying hard to treat it like something I do for myself. It's not like I have to impress anyone, it's just words and rhythm, and most of it is stream of consciousness.

Good luck with getting more time to write - I think it's great you fought to get what you got.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Call me the 'Sweetie of Deletie'.

I need a new name for the first book of what used to be 'Source's Code', so maybe I'll call it 'Once Upon a Time in the Mustard Jar' until something else pops into my mind.

I wrote 640 words in this new thing that Brian inspired. I don't know if it will turn out to be a novel or just nothing. The biggest thing is that it is fiction but not a press release.

Oh...and the new lappie is all high tech with Windows 8 and it is really better for surfing than writing and accounting so I'm going to learn to love the desktop, and Brian is going to learn Photoshop.

640 words

Briony-zisaya

Punctuation and I don't get along
Registered
Reaction score
Finally got a replacement for lappy so back to writing as often as I'd like without cramping my poor hand!

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Between an article for our historian's quarterly Historical Wyoming and a blog post 3,110 words

I came in third place in the AW Poetry Resurrection Contest for my poem Plum Rum (poems & winners here password citrus) plus got the special mention for originality and application of form.

Downloaded Sigil & Calibre and learned how to convert files to kindle etc including pictures (which I needed but was worried about coming out right.) Now I can do the mobi dance!

Nannerize me!
It's Friday already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.