AW Amazon Affiliate Link

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Amazon's latest policy: authors can't review other authors' books

Threaded View

Amazon's latest policy: authors can't review other authors' books

...because they have a "financial interest" in the product.

I read of this today on Jenna Glatzer's Facebook page; someone in her comment thread cites this article: http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov...books-20121102
    That's what Weddle wanted to know. He followed up, stating that he had no financial interest in the book. The response reiterated what Amazon had already stated, using the same language as before. "We do not allow reviews on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing
    product. This includes authors, artists, publishers, manufacturers, or third-party merchants selling the product," Amazon repeated. The company added a new closing: "We have removed your reviews as they are in violation of our guidelines. We will not be able to go into further detail about our research.
    Jenna says that she wrote to Amazon about this and received a weird reply. I'm going to ask her if I can use her full quote, but the gist if it is that amazon replied to her and said they won't accept reviews by authors writing in the same genre of books they are reviewing.

And they will only accept positive reviews from other authors.

Words fail me.
    Last edited by aruna; 12-27-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    OUT NOW!
    The Girl from the Sugar Plantation

Sons of Gods -- the Mahabharata

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi