• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Beta Reader for 1 chapter/literary fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

InBloom

Registered
Reaction score
I've just recently started working on a new story and I want to know if it's worth continuing. I'm looking for a beta reader who would be willing to read my first chapter (7000 words) and let me know how they feel. This is less about editing and more about whether or not you feel the story has potential. (I only say this because I'm in the middle of the work and I haven't had much of a chance to revise yet so I assume there will be grammar mistakes which I intend to correct later). If anyone is interested, please PM me an email address and I will send off the first chapter. Thanks!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can answer your question already. Yes, the story has potential.

Every story has potential. It's how it's written that makes the difference.

InBloom

Registered
Reaction score
I can answer your question already. Yes, the story has potential.

Every story has potential. It's how it's written that makes the difference.

Ha, that made me feel better right away. I guess I'm looking for someone who can tell me if the style of writing I'm using is conducive to a full length novel or if they think I should rework it or hone my voice first.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In that case, it may be better to get some five or ten, rather than some one, to share their opinion on the writing style.

If you stick around AW and participate, and get your post count up to 50, you can put your first thousand words or so up in the Share Your Work critique subforum, where hundreds of critiquers hang out.

A really good way to get your post count up quickly, and to build up goodwill, is to critique other people's stories in Share Your Work. Double bonus!

InBloom

Registered
Reaction score
In that case, it may be better to get some five or ten, rather than some one, to share their opinion on the writing style.

If you stick around AW and participate, and get your post count up to 50, you can put your first thousand words or so up in the Share Your Work critique subforum, where hundreds of critiquers hang out.

A really good way to get your post count up quickly, and to build up goodwill, is to critique other people's stories in Share Your Work. Double bonus!

All right, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice. I guess you could tell I'm new so I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.