Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Short Scripts $30 5-10 pages [Payment $30 for 5-10pgs]

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Arrow Short Scripts $30 5-10 pages [Payment $30 for 5-10pgs]

I am buying well written short scripts of any genre to produce for my reel. The scripts should be written to a budget of less than $250. You may e-mail any script(s) to tiauna@sandjack.com I don't need a query e-mail, just send it as a .pdf

Examples of things with budgets that are too high are:
    On horseback
    At the beach or in water
    Spiders spinning webs
    Destroying a kitchen

Yes I've gotten these. Please just consider this to be a fun no budget project that will get produced and you will be credited. Once again ANY GENRE is acceptable but you have to keep in mind a full on production budget that includes post production. So if you can't shoot it with 0 connections for $250, then I can't shoot it with massive connections. Any other questions, feel free to e-mail me or visit sandjack.com

Purchase Rights:
    I would like to purchase outright, I am not interested in licensing. I need to be able to own the material so I can produce when funds, and time permit.

Deadline:
    At this time I have no deadline as I do not anticipate making offers to acquisition until mid January 2013. I do have an analyst that reads all submissions that are properly formatted.

Questions you might have:
    Why outright? I am looking to build my reel for my production company. I'm not in a position to option stuff and license stuff, etc. I am a start up so for any of you that are in the same boat you know that you have to do things when you have money and time off from the 9 to 5.

Will I be credited? I will credit you based on 26screenplays.com.

If you use the screenplay and modify it less than 50%, credit me the following way:
    Screenplay by
    M. Robert Turnage, 26screenplays.com
    and
    [Your name]
    If you use the screenplay and modify it between 51 and 90%, credit me the following way:
    Screenplay by
    [Your name]
    and
    If you use the screenplay and modify it more than 90%, credit me the following way:
    Original story by
    What kind of scripts are you looking for?
    Anything low budget.

I know $30 isn't a lot of money considering you make about 30,000 in the union writing a tv script, but I am actually looking for something really good. The thing I am going for is doing good work. I'm not in it for the money. You scoff, but I am an accountant by day, this journey I am on is really a way for me to express myself creatively and provide a place where new artists (writers, actors, directors, composers, etc) can come to with an open door policy and say here is my stuff, can we get it produced so I can get my name out there. That is really what I am about. I have no investors. This is all funded by me. I do my own websites, I do my own IT, I do my own bookkeeping (oh I line produce by the way for co-producers credit), I do my own networking, marketing, etc. I'll get off my soap box now. Because I can feel another 15 pages wanting to spew out.

I would love to produce stuff like the short Inside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjTOs1L3SBg
    Last edited by LadyJ218; 01-30-2013 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Adding in some questions asked

Sounds like an interesting project.

I have something in mind, but need to look it over first. Do you have a deadline?

ETA: I'll email this question, but I think you'd find it useful to answer questions publicly in this thread; saves time, and gets you potentially a deeper pool.
    Fiction blog as Manuel Royal: Donnetown Today or Recently (or a Long Time Ago)

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby

An Author in Search of a Plot Catadmin's Avatar
    What sort of rights are you asking for?
    Brandie Tarvin
    Urania Publication Coordinator, Musa Publishing
    Graduate: Viable Paradise XIII (KALE!!!)
    Member: HWA, IAMTW, SFWA (Writing Organizations)
    Webpage: www.brandietarvin.net
    Blog: brandietarvin.livejournal.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/wannabewriter06
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/100891322152106439508/about

See me at the Baltimore Book Festival: http://www.baltimorebookfestival.com...ule/all-events

Catadmin, I sent your question (good one) in an email.

The answer to mine was that they don't have a firm deadline for now.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby

Sorry, I clearly need to adjust my settings to e-mail notification, thank you Mr. Royal!

Purchase Rights:
    I would like to purchase outright, I am not interested in licensing. I need to be able to own the material so I can produce when funds, and time permit.

Deadline:
    At this time I have no deadline as I do not anticipate making offers to acquisition until mid January 2013. I do have an analyst that reads all submissions that are properly formatted.

Questions you might have:
    Why outright? I am looking to build my reel for my production company. I'm not in a position to option stuff and license stuff, etc. I am a start up so for any of you that are in the same boat you know that you have to do things when you have money and time off from the 9 to 5.

Will I be credited? I will credit you based on 26screenplays.com.

If you use the screenplay and modify it less than 50%, credit me the following way:
    Screenplay by
    and
    [Your name]
    If you use the screenplay and modify it between 51 and 90%, credit me the following way:
    Screenplay by
    [Your name]
    and
    If you use the screenplay and modify it more than 90%, credit me the following way:
    Original story by
    What kind of scripts are you looking for?
    Anything low budget.

I know $30 isn't a lot of money considering you make about 30,000 in the union writing a tv script, but I am actually looking for something really good. The thing I am going for is doing good work. I'm not in it for the money. You scoff, but I am an accountant by day, this journey I am on is really a way for me to express myself creatively and provide a place where new artists (writers, actors, directors, composers, etc) can come to with an open door policy and say here is my stuff, can we get it produced so I can get my name out there. That is really what I am about. I have no investors. This is all funded by me. I do my own websites, I do my own IT, I do my own bookkeeping (oh I line produce by the way for co-producers credit), I do my own networking, marketing, etc. I'll get off my soap box now. Because I can feel another 15 pages wanting to spew out.

I would love to produce stuff like the short Inside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjTOs1L3SBg

Okay; sending you something.

An Author in Search of a Plot Catadmin's Avatar
    Thank you for answering our questions.
    Brandie Tarvin
    Urania Publication Coordinator, Musa Publishing
    Graduate: Viable Paradise XIII (KALE!!!)
    Member: HWA, IAMTW, SFWA (Writing Organizations)
    Webpage: www.brandietarvin.net
    Blog: brandietarvin.livejournal.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/wannabewriter06
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/100891322152106439508/about

See me at the Baltimore Book Festival: http://www.baltimorebookfestival.com...ule/all-events

Thanks for the quick response to my submission!

practical experience, FTW bladestalker's Avatar
    I have a 2 page comic script set in a pub with two actors and x amount of extras whihc would be perfect.

So -- my first script sale.

ETA: And -- promptly paid.
    Last edited by Manuel Royal; 01-24-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Kreon Starscream AW Moderator regdog's Avatar
    Admit it, you'd go Decepticon for him too
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Royal View Post
    So -- my first script sale.

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing

Still buying scripts

Manny's script is awesome. And I'm looking forward to the comic script in development (I hope still). I try to make it as painless as possible. And honestly, I'm indebted to you all so when I actually have things going, I will bring you with me.
    So please don't be afraid to submit a script! If you want to keep tabs on me I have a website: www.sandjack.com

practical experience, FTW MakanJuu's Avatar
    This sounds like an interesting proposal, but I'm worried about the budget constraints.

Does this generally mean the only thing you can really have is actors & a findable location to shoot (no sound stage stuff)? No props, no effects, that sort of thing?
    Current WIPs:
    Spirits- Scifi/ Urban Fantasy/ Character Drama (23000 wds)
    What Lies Within the Mahounin- Classic Fantasy/ horror/ Character Drama (n/a)

Backburners:
    Paranorm- Horror/ Character Drama
    Buried Below- Treasure Hunter Homage
    Spirits Sequels & Prequel(s)

Writing to a budget

Budget writing, is quite the challenge. Of course VFX, SFX have to be limited/non existent because of lack of financing. Locations like the beach or using a specific lunar cycle are also tricky, it involves either trying to shoot on location ($$$) and/or buying stock footage which may or may not be $$$ depending on quality.

If you were going to write something for yourself and knew you only had $200 to shoot the thing, including feed crew, buy make up, props, clean it up in post, advertise it, etc what would you write?

My script was accepted and payment is on its way. The producers are very accomodating and were fun to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by bladestalker View Post
    My script was accepted and payment is on its way. The producers are very accommodating and were fun to work with.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Royal View Post
    Congrats!

And to you Mannie. Looking forward to seeing these completed.

<insert witty title here> ShannonR.'s Avatar
    Are you still looking for short scripts?
    "Dear Enemy-May the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment." -Edmund, Black Adder

My Facebook page

My Blog-The Prozac Queen's Court

My AllWomenStalk profile page

practical experience, FTW SDBmania's Avatar
    I'd like to help out, but I'm not sure I will have the time! Between school and working on my short story series, I'm pretty busy. But, I may try to come up with something in the future. Haha, now I'll be trying to think of some ideas that could work for around $200.

Good luck to you!
    "If writing doesn't pan out, maybe I can take up clog dancing?"-SDBmania

http://www.scottdavidbrown.com

Facebook
    The Lost Elf

And, they've produced my little script for next to no money!

Make the Baby
    Last edited by Manuel Royal; 10-24-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Talking Make the Baby

I liked the video. What's next on your schedule?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin jtbrazil's Avatar
    I hope they are still looking, I just sent one in.
    Death by fire
    A writer investigating a gruesome local murder,soon discovers the fires that plague an East Texas highway may be covering up something more sinister.
    Protocol 9
    When a student goes missing, an agent soon uncovers a cover-up that dates back to the 40's
    FaceBook