Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Jack Klugman passes away

Unhappy Jack Klugman passes away

I read online that Jack Klugman, best known for playing Oscar Madison in The Odd Couple, passed on at the age of 90. What a career he had. RIP, Jack.

I just saw this.

One of the few good things about the show Diagnosis: Murder was the inclusion of a lot of stars from the sixties and seventies (just look through the guest cast the show had), and the appearance of Klugman in one episode is especially hard to watch. His voice, already broken and scratchy, sounded horrible in the episode he appeared in, and at the time I wondered about his health. He appeared in so much more than just Quincy, but given the importance of that show it is understandable that so much of the coverage has focused on that aspect of his career.

He really will be missed. We need more cantankerous old men on television.

RIP
    The blog, which may not be updated regularly enough. -- I'm linking to other AW blogs here. -- There's some nonsense here when I can be bothered.
    Don't hold your breath...

Quote Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
    Dude, I am not that flexible.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
    The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.

the philosophical pegasus Shadow Dragon's Avatar
    When I was a kid, I used to watch a lot of old shows on Nick at Night and Odd Couple was one of my favorites. RIP.
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." - Socrates