• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for a traditional adult horror short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I need a few betas to critique a 7500 word horror short. The protag is a 15-year old, but it's definitely adult horror. No glittery vamps. No romance. It's strictly horror. Very strong language and violence. Any critiques will be appreciated: line edits, plot holes, anything and everything. Be blunt or nice, just give me the truth. In exchange, I'll read something of yours when needed.

There's an old excerpt (second draft) of it in the SYW Horror room, currently on page 4 (sorry, I don't know how to link it.)

Thanks!!!

haunted

Now is the winter of my discontent.
Registered
Reaction score
I'll read it. Send it to me....

Tinman

Registered
Reaction score
I am happy to read it too as I love horror. But i am a harse critique, be warned.

Lol. Harsh is fine. I'm not asking for critiques so people will tell me I'm the next Stephen King, I'm asking for critiques because something about the story isn't working and I need help.

I sent you a PM with the story. Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Tinman

Registered
Reaction score
If you're still lookng and don't mind a newbie (I do a fair bit of critting, though), i am up for it. I have a pretty good horror pedigree. Pm me if you like, no probs if not.

Spring. Sent it PM. You should have it by now. And, no, I don't care if you're a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.