Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Kirsten Neuhaus Literary Agency

Kirsten Neuhaus Literary Agency

I was surprised I didn't see this one on the AW list, unless I'm missing it.

http://www.kirstenneuhausliterary.com/index.html

Anybody submit to her at all?
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?

Having no publicly stated clients, despite the fact that she seems to have been around for almost two years (site footer: Kirsten Neuhaus Literary Agency 2011.), makes me a little uneasy. It also contradicts this part of her 'About':

Kirsten Neuhaus has worked at Elaine Markson Agency, Sanford J. Greenburger Associates and Vigliano Associates, developing her own client list as well as handling foreign rights.
    To me, the bolded part means she should already have clients.

No social networking links which seems unusual for a new US agent looking for clients.

EDIT: Querytracker has a few comments on her. Twitter says she's part of Foundry but she's not listed there.
    Website/Blog | Twitter | Instagram (Dog Pics!)
    New avatar by Britt. Still the same teademon.

WIP1
    GB (Scottish MG Fantasy) | WIP2 DtS (M/M British Urban Fantasy)
    Resting: Giant Robots Project

When you Google her name, there's a deal that pops up on Publisher's Marketplace on Sept 24, 2012 but I can't see it since I'm not a member.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

Quote Originally Posted by EMaree View Post
    Having no publicly stated clients, despite the fact that she seems to have been around for almost two years (site footer: Kirsten Neuhaus Literary Agency 2011.), makes me a little uneasy. It also contradicts this part of her 'About':

To me, the bolded part means she should already have clients.

No social networking links which seems unusual for a new US agent looking for clients.

EDIT: Querytracker has a few comments on her. Twitter says she's part of Foundry but she's not listed there.
    And that's weird that she says she's part of Foundry when her name's not there.

I'm not a member either so I can't check, sorry Undercover.

I'm not seeing any actual red flags, she seems professional and well-intentioned, but the Foundry thing and her lack of clients doesn't add up.

Personally, I'd avoid submitting to this agency until she's more established.
    Website/Blog | Twitter | Instagram (Dog Pics!)
    New avatar by Britt. Still the same teademon.

WIP1
    GB (Scottish MG Fantasy) | WIP2 DtS (M/M British Urban Fantasy)
    Resting: Giant Robots Project

She has 19 deals listed on PMP, mostly to major publishers. They started out while she was at Vigliano Associates and then her most recent are at her new agency.
    Lit Agent
    Author

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    No longer operates as her own agency (Foundry page).
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: