Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Seeking Beta Readers/mentor for shorts

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Cool Seeking Beta Readers/mentor for shorts

My pops always said "eat your shorts", but for some reason I'm lacking the publishing flavor. Seeking a beta reader/ mentor for my shorts. I think a beta reader would be best. A mentor would be welcomed. PM me your email to get started. We'll be using google docs.

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    BlueCricket, you may have better luck if you approach this by spending some time in the AW community, getting your post count up to 50, and putting one of your short stories in the Share Your Work critique subforum. That way, you'll get multiple people critiquing your work, the critiquers are more likely to be readers familiar with whatever genre you write in, and you won't be missing out on the large proportion of AW members who can't/don't work with Googledocs.

I wonder if the title of this forum could do with a change. It includes mentors. So newcomers ask for mentors, but it is a very big ask. I've not seen it fulfilled. Unimportant gives good advice: the SYW forum is a great way to get critique and beta readers can fulfill the role of mentors if they are more experienced or have different experiences from your own.
    To tell is human - writing for kids, YA & Y@Heart

It is less important to please people who don't like your book than to please people who do, because it is better to have something people love than something they merely don't hate.

--H. Jones

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Thanks guys I'll give it a shot.