The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Owlcat Press

practical experience, FTW kelliewallace's Avatar

Owlcat Press

Hello,

Has anyone heard of this new small press. Seems to have just opened.

http://owlcatpress.com/
    http://kelliewallacebooks.com
    When our Worlds Collide - Limitless Publishing 2017

Not much info on their site, although it at least looks professional and I didn't catch any typos or bad grammar (although I just skimmed). I did see this as part of their "About Us" page:

"The trends responsible for this industry's [indie publishers, that is] growth are largely due to large publishing houses no longer publishing much poetry, short fiction or even novels worth reading while practically anyone with a liberal arts degree has taken to writing them. The rise of blogs, self-publishing, and self-promoting has created a brand new market for the independent publisher, especially one delivering digital content."

I think we have heard these sentiments before. Frequently. I for one am not particularly impressed, especially since only one listed staff member has any editing experience (and it doesn't say where this experience was gained), and it looks like they're going to be publishing just about any genre, including poetry and music.
    Visit my website!

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    Large publishing houses are no longer publishing novels worth reading? How odd. I have no trouble discovering more interesting new novels than I can afford to buy.

I suspect what they really mean is "large publishing houses weren't interested in buying my novel".

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Last Tw/FB activity is in April, and site went 403 over the summer. Anyone hear from them recently?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: