"American Guns" canceled

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
A TV show was canceled by the network that produced it. I see no censorship.

This. The government didn't do this. Purely private enterprise, reacting to a perceived public sentiment. The problem with American Guns wasn't that it was the most violent show on TV, but that it blatantly did celebrate the gun culture, in title as well as subject matter. From the small bits of it I did catch, it generally involved somebody wanting to have made a weird, exotic and really powerful firearm . . . just . . . well . . . just . . . . . . . because, I guess. It was a celebration of things that go boom and eject high-velocity projectiles, with no further consideration of why.

I suspect we might see a bit less of gun-related activity on some of the other "reality" shows in coming weeks and months, too.

caw

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some might see it as knee-jerk or overreacting, but as blacbird mentioned above, it's purely business. The US government didn't step in and tell the producers and the network, "It's about guns so this is bad, mmmkay?" There's probably a "we can cancel the show any time we damned well feel like" clause in the contract, anyway.