JanNoWriMo 2013

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, didn't do anything yesterday, but I just typed 1000 words on a short story. It'll probably wind up being about 2500-3000 words when finished.

I think I might take a break from editing for today... Get my mind recharged a bit.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
That's not too bad, Bettie. :Hug2: Could have been less.

I've been... Studying. And reading. Yeah. Productive things. (when I'm not sleeping...)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
2783 words written, and the short story's first draft is finished. Now I think I'll try to relax for the rest of the evening. My eyes are already feeling heavy, and it's not even 6pm yet!

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
You can do it!

--

Probably going to spend most of my time on homework. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. It's like I just can't write. I don't know what's going on. :( I mean I want to. But I just....I don't know....either I have nothing to say or I don't know what to say.

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
Took yesterday off, wrote 1600 today to finish off this weeks short story.

Two rejections, too.

Rest of week focus on the novel.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Hope you all are doing well! My writing goals went down the tubes this weekend. Blech. Still working on it, but more slowly than I'd hoped. And I let myself get derailed by a shiny new idea. I felt like I had to at least write down the idea before it poofed out of my brain.

BTW, Bettielee, 1600 in two hours isn't so bad. I average 1K an hour when I'm in first-draft mode.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a bit dazed and read my email wrong, but I think I was just offered the job... :D

~Amber~

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow, Nice one Vampyre. Congrats!

I have just hit by Jan goal of 25K!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Vamp and Franky!

I have a bit of a conundrum... Yesterday I wrote nearly 3k words, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's been too long since I wrote new words, and they came so easily.

So now all I want to do is write fresh words. But I need to finish editing TEC to send it out to agents, and after that there are 2 more I should edit to get them out there as well. I don't *need* to write fresh words.

Ack! With that in mind, I just edited the short story. It's already reading pretty well, so I don't have a lot left to change in it. And my editing technique is pretty finely-tuned now, after December's massive overhaul on TEC.

I need to just power through the edits on TEC, but I'm sick of that book right now. I've spent more time with TEC over the years than on any other project of mine... Probably more than all my other writing projects put together.

I think if I can finish this edit on TEC by early February, I'll give myself a week of just writing fresh words. Not nearly enough actual writing during the break so far!

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Cliff Face. And good luck with the editing. Just keep imagining TEC sitting up on the new releases shelf at Dymocks... if that helps?

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
So now all I want to do is write fresh words. But I need to finish editing TEC to send it out to agents, and after that there are 2 more I should edit to get them out there as well. I don't *need* to write fresh words.

Time for a break from editing, maybe? Shelve it for a few weeks?

---

Worked through editing 3 chapters last night (whew!). I think I'll read them over once more today to see if I missed anything, and then try to cover as much ground again tonight.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Got more changes in to the computer last night, and hit the first of my markers, so that's good. The next chunk is where more of the current content is, but also where most of the cutting is :tongue Should be interesting.

I think I was just offered the job... :D

Whoot! That's great! :partyguy:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Time for a break from editing, maybe? Shelve it for a few weeks?

Nah, I don't want to do that. I want this book done and dusted, ready to be submitted ASAP. Then I can focus on something else. :)

But I think once it's fully edited, I'll start writing fresh words on another project. Not sure which one right now... Maybe my contemporary fantasy? I was enjoying that one, but haven't touched it in a long time. (Work and then Uni and then editing got in the way.)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Did another edit on the short story, adding 100 words. I can't put it off any longer though - I need to get back to editing TEC.

You know, it was last Friday that I last edited it, and it's Thursday now. Nearly a whole week, and I'm still sick of it... Yeah, just need to power through and send it off.

ETA: I go through phases. Sometimes I think TEC is an awesome book and that I'll get it published one day. Other times, I think it'll never be good enough. Guess which one it's been this last week?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm, the second one. Although I just edited chapter 12, and didn't think it was too bad. I guess I'm past the "Argh!" stage. :tongue

Added 100 words. I'm finding I'm not really deleting anything in this pass. Anything that does get chopped instantly gets replaced with a better line or three. Must mean I'm happier with the overall story. :)

By the way, what sort of work will you be doing, Vamp?

ETA: 12 down, 15 to go. Slowly getting there!

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Ugh, Cliff, I hate the "Argh!" stage. I hope you are through it :)

Managed to get in a little editing last night. I'm working on a section that needs tweaking as well as cutting, which is kind of fun to do on the fly. At least for now. I may not think so in a little while :tongue