JanNoWriMo 2013

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to 2013! :D

Huh?!

Well, almost. ;) Still have a little ways to go until then.

So why the new thread?

Don't blame me, blame Cliff Face! :D

The easy way to beat me to making the new thread is to make one on the 18th of the previous month. ;)

Duly noted. :tongue

*since Cliff lives in the Land from the Future, it may or may not already be the 19th there, but it's the morning of the 18th here, so it's close enough!

Here's a place to talk about your progress on your writing, editing, plotting, outlining, reading, homework, housework, take-over-the-world plots, and pretty much anything else you want to do in the month of January. :D

*waits for December to end* ;)

~Amber~

moreferarum

Registered
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this today when I checked the NaNoWriMo site and learnt that January was the semi-official novel editing month!
So in January it will be my birthday and I'll also be working hard (or hardly working) on manuscript edits! I'm really excited to look at it after NaNoWriMo and see the quality or lack thereof of my rushed November writing!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm making a tentative goal list now, in preparation for January. :)

Okay, so in December I'll have done 1 massive edit on WIP#1. So in January (and the last week of December hopefully) I'll be doing 1 massive edit on WIP#2. That should take me through to the middle of January, at which point I go back and edit WIP#1 again. (Hopefully the next edit won't take anywhere near as long!)

Going to try to write at least something on the sequel to WIP#1. I've pretty much given up on doing that in December... Going to keep plugging away on plotting the epic fantasy. And I'll still be aiming for reading 2 books per week.

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score
I really miss NanoWriMo :( The routine of writing every morning was refreshing, that until I got sick and had to stop. This January will be spent in much of the same fashion, I hope. I have so many ideas! :)

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
So while it's a little too late to join DecNoEdMo, I'm definitely going to be participating in January. My goal is to go through deep edits on my November NaNo novel, after finishing it. I think the first half of the month will be spent finishing it, and the latter part of the month beginning on revisions, or a rewrite. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. =P

Can't wait for January! =)

emccabe

Registered
Reaction score
I hope to finish my first edit of my november wip. And then really flush out my scenes in january. The only real goal is to write every day.

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
I have lots of big plans for Jan. I will be out of the country for the first two weeks on holiday, so when I get back it will be crackin time!
1) I will submit queries for a newspaper column
2) Build my writers website
3) Start working on my cookbook/cooking vlog
4) Rewrite my children's book and get it beta critiqued

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
January for me will be to finally finish my WIP. Been saying for months now that I'll finish it this month or the next but after scrapping bits and writing new scenes, I think that I can finish it in January.

Lets hope anyway!

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Seen as how it's nearly Jan:tongue

. Edit book one of hide & seek
. re write book one of hide & seek
. re edit book one of hide & seek
. Send out to beta's
. Re write with feedback
. re- read
. Query

. Edit book one of The dark Bringer
. re write book one of The dark Bringer
. re edit book one of The dark Bringer
. Send out to beta's
. Re write with feedback
. re- read
. Query

. Edit book two of The dark Bringer
. re write book two of The dark Bringer
. re edit book two of The dark Bringer
. Send out to beta's
. Re write with feedback
. re- read
. Query

Yep, I have a lot to do. Oh and amongst that I need to find a job and reach Senior level in my graphics on a different site:D And write a new novel for one of the Camp NaNo's:tongue

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Hey, look at all these familiar faces! :D

After having a fun time with DecNoEdMo and using it to do line edits for my YA urban fantasy, my JanNoEdMo is going to be focussed on typing up all my planned edits and getting this beast sent out to the agent!

And then I can relax revise the first draft I finished two months ago!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Adding one goal for to my January list from above.

1. Make notes on my NF book.

Seriously, it's been bugging the hell out of me. I know I have it in me to write this NF book, but so far I've just been going round in circles in my head. I need to make notes!

I can't put this book off for much longer. Not that I really have time for it right now, but any effort made on it now will only make it easier when I do have time.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Years Everyone!!

In January I want to add at least 15K words to my WIP. And I want to make some form of progress on it every day.

On a personal level, the goal is to get a job.

Aurelee

Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year!

I January I want to finish my final draft and start the query process once again (not that it is ever actually final.), and reach at least 30k in book two before university starts.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
I did write a whole novel in Camp NaNo in June . . . in November I attempted to write the sequel and only got to 5k, but that's ok because I was also doing edits on the first book which will be published next month! The first book flowed faster than I have ever experienced before. I never knew I could write a book in a month! I think my next book being a sequel is causing me to feel some pressure. But in January I'd like to focus on that one!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm doing something very silly, and thinking about starting a new novel. I have too many WIPs already, and really want to get 2 novels self-e-pubbed by the start of March, and the epic and the NF need notes made on them still, and the sequel to WIP#1 needs another 15k or so to finish the first draft...

But this new idea is really calling to me. It's been a plot bunny for about 6 months. I won't be spending a lot of time on it, just writing when I feel like it. Who knows, it might even stall 5k in, leaving me to work on other projects a bit more?

Editing still takes precedence right now, but I just feel like working on this new novel right now. The first chapter is percolating in my head as we speak... Can't think about anything else!

Normally I wouldn't mind inspiration, but I'd prefer to be inspired for one of my other WIPs instead. :tongue

So yeah - add "Write 10k or so on new WIP" to my January goals.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
My January goals are simple. :)

1.) Finish editing Nano novel: Under the Table and Dreaming

2.) Finish novella: A Boy Named Alice

3.) Edit novella: A Boy Named Alice

4.) Have fun :D

Sunwords

Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!

My first goal for January: do much better than in December - which should not be difficult, because Dec was a complete loss. I was - still am - stucked with editing/rewriting the one WIP, that I do need to finish.

So:
1. Working on WIP one - criminal story, needs scenes added and some rewriting
2. A short piece - in english, should be done by the end of the month because I do not have problems with the content.
3. Eventually give some time to my NaNo 2012 project - a sort of love story in a nice setting and some not so nice people messing my MCs lives up. Genre? Well - I am not good at deciding where it fits.

Enough - too much might block me.

Yallah! - as we say here. Let's get going.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I have tons of goals for the New Year, including writing six new novels and editing a few more, but here are my goals for January:

• Write the first draft of the Unnaturals (YA paranormal romance). I'm hoping to complete this at 50-60k words.
  • Edit the first five chapters of Ghostslayer (NA paranormal romance/urban fantasy). This is about 30k words.
  • Revise chapter six, seven, eight and nine of Ghostslayer. This is about 20k words.
Then I can get started on writing the final 30k words of Ghostslayer in February and hopefully work on edits for Allegro Academy next month as well.

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
Before anything else I have to finish reading for the people I am beta reading for. December got so busy I did not have time for a single book and I speed read. :(

But once I have done that and gotten back to them, I need to fix my draft big-time. I need to re-write about two chapters and I-can't-count-how-many scenes need fixing. Then I'll be shipping it around to my very patient beta readers. Take what they say and go a round of edits again. All the while researching agents and the smaller presses to see who might be interested in it. I've never really queried before so I'll be researching and testing my query letter and trying to write a blurb and synopsis.

Oh and write ten short stories around a companion theme, get moving with the second installment of my series, hopefully change addresses, learn how to drive and try to get in local radio. Fun month ahead.