• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Page Publishing

Jrubas

Frankensteinian patchwork
Registered
Reaction score
Just had a Facebook friend announce on her page that her book is coming out through Page. Thanks to your wonderful research, I was able to message her and warn her away. I don't know if she plans on taking my advice, but I hope to hell she does. If you're reading this, girl, remember what I said: NO legitimate publisher charges authors for their services. Even most illegitimate publishers don't charge their authors.

Jrubas

Frankensteinian patchwork
Registered
Reaction score
She says she's passing. Thank God. Those lunatics were going to charge her three hundred dollars a month for ten months.

Gareth

Registered
Reaction score
I wish to thank all of you for saving me from Page. I have spoke with an "agent" there, (probably a salesman) for over a year and a half. I have asked pertinent questions...Do you and--How much do you charge? Are you a vanity press? And never gotten a straight answer. AW has made this all quite clear.

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
Ick. Their video is enough to tell anyone who has any understanding of publishing and of vanity publishing to run screaming the other direction. Too many people just have no idea, unfortunately, and do not understand that appeals to authors = WARNING FLAG.

--Ken

tiakall

*lurk*
Registered
Reaction score
They're apparently making enough money to show their commercial at 10PM instead of the wee hours of the morning. Watched it, thought "boy, that sounds like vanity", came here, and lo and behold :)

VEHust

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw this in TV for the first time. It's unconscionable that these people offer their services as an actual publisher instead of a vanity. It feels like they're trying to prey on the elderly.

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
And on their TV commercials they STRESS Christian publisher, Christian writers... what's new:( The commercials are run during the day on the reality channels, like TLC and A&E more recently.
The elderly are always prime targets for stuff like this but so too are the poor and disabled, on a pension or welfare. They have visions of making a fortune as a writer and will forfeit their rent and food money for a chance at it. It's despicable.
The ad also stresses how impossible it is to get published, same old crap!

Mel101

Registered
Reaction score
Just a heads up: an acquaintance of mine was approached by this company and was told PP was a "hybrid" publisher. The new friend isn't interested in doing all the leg work required for self-pubbing, so sees this as an alternative. I don't know them well enough to know if they'd react poorly to the news that it's a scam. They did ask for a looksie around the internet before they signed the contract. For whatever reason, from what they researched, they truly believe PP is a "hybrid". It's nothing but a scam, though.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
I was reading a newspaper story about a local person who had written a book.

"He credits most of the success of the book largely to its publishing company, New York-based Page Publishing. The book is available for purchase at Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Amazon and Walmart. A book trailer is also available on YouTube."

When I read this, I tiptoed over here to see... Yup.

Le Sigh.

Anyhow, as an update, this is maybe relevant. These folks are still kicking.