Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: WANTED! blogging friends!

practical experience, FTW

WANTED! blogging friends!

Hey guys! so I recently started posting here on AW and the reason for that was primarily to meet new blogging friends. I just started my own blog and if anyone wants I would do a subscribe for subscribe thing. Also I'm interested in what people think about my style of writing. Thanks in advance for all your love!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Hey, this is my blog, JohnFigaro.com, I haven't posted anything relevant on it as yet. But I will be soon enough. I think your writing is good. I like the way you put " defeated eyes" in your short story. It was a nice touch. Do you have a facebook? Also, Is there anyone else here who has a blog?

"Assume Good Intentions" SuperModerator Williebee's Avatar
    FWIW -
    You are known by the company you keep, so you might want to take the time to get to know the company you are thinking of keeping.

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."

Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
    Kobo Kindle Nook iBook

Anthony Award Nominated Anthology!
    More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."

Shrimpy Jiujitsu Warrior slhuang's Avatar
    Hi Samball! I'm new to AW, so take this for what it's worth, but I'm finding the best way to find blogs I like to follow is by participating in discussions and clicking on the links in people's sigs when I feel like they're saying interesting things. I've only been on AW a few days but I've already subscribed to a bunch of new blogs. (And I've already noticed new followers coming in to my blog from AW, mostly from discussions unrelated to blogging.)

So my recommendation for finding new blogging friends is to be active around the boards. That said, your blog looks fun (love the cinnamon bun post), and I did subscribe. See you around the boards!

Half Life is out now!!!! YAYYY!!

Website *
    Blog * Twitter * Mailing list

Thank you for the kind words and I subscribed to you too! I will keep looking around the boards!

I want more friends!

If you're still looking the link to my blog is in my signature =]. I'll check yours out!
    New day, new blog.
    kevinwritesbooks.wordpress.com

Or check out my Twitter. I say funny stuff sometimes!
    Here's my twitter!

PURSUIT (YA Urban Fantasy) -- Trunked
    THE OTHER SIDE OF HAPPY (YA LGBT Contemporary) -- Revision Round 4
    (YA LGBT Speculative Fiction) -- 50k/65k
    (YA Sci-Fi) -- Brainstorming

She who must be obeyed Amanda R.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slhuang View Post
    Hi Samball! I'm new to AW, so take this for what it's worth, but I'm finding the best way to find blogs I like to follow is by participating in discussions and clicking on the links in people's sigs when I feel like they're saying interesting things. I've only been on AW a few days but I've already subscribed to a bunch of new blogs.

I've done the same thing! Been here less than a week and have found several new blogs to follow and even gotten some free books.
    Amanda R.

"Literature is the most noble of professions. In fact, it is about the only one fit for man." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Read about my adventures in China.

She who must be obeyed Amanda R.'s Avatar
    I'm definitely looking for more blog connections and am looking for opportunities to do guest blogging as well. The link is in my signature.
    Amanda R.

"Literature is the most noble of professions. In fact, it is about the only one fit for man." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Read about my adventures in China.

practical experience, FTW RobertEvert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samball49 View Post
    Hey guys! so I recently started posting here on AW and the reason for that was primarily to meet new blogging friends. I just started my own blog and if anyone wants I would do a subscribe for subscribe thing. Also I'm interested in what people think about my style of writing. Thanks in advance for all your love!
    I'll look at you posts asap. I'm sure they're great.
    "In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me." -Elwood P. Dowd

AUTHOR OF "RIDDLE IN STONE" NOW AVAILABLE!!!

The first chapter is available here

My Blog:Neurotic Novelists of the World Unite!

Facebook New friends always welcome!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I'll read your blog. It looks like good food for thought. There's another food blogger out there. I forgot his name, but he does cuisine from all over the world. Its great. He just recently did Cuban, yum.

practical experience, FTW Kenra Daniels's Avatar
    FWIW, the subscribe for subscribe method pushes up your numbers of subscribers and does little else. In general, those who subscribe to your blog this way only rarely visit.

This is fine if you just want a higher number there for others to see. If you want people reading your content and interacting with your blog, it takes a little more work. As several others said, interact on the boards here and visit blogs, write great content, add the links to each new post to your Facebook, G+, Twitter, etc. Joining blog hops is a good way to get new traffic to see your great content, and some of those visitors will subscribe/follow.

Building an active and meaningful blogging community takes time and work.
    ~Steamy paranormal romances featuring weredragons and daywalking vampires~

Twitter My Blog