• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

IdeaApp (Alan Amron)

la321

Registered
Reaction score
I emailed Alan Amron to submit my idea for a book he told me they don't accept submissions anymore by email and told me to submit it through ideaapp.com has anyone used this before?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.ideaapp.com/

Alan Amron is an inventor, so I don't understand why he'd be interested in an idea for a book. Agents and publishers aren't interested in ideas for books - just the finished book.

As for ideaapp.com, it's impossible to patent or copyright an idea.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
ideaApp Inventors & Writers

Learn how to protect your ideas

Search and Protect your Invention or idea

Everyone has great ideas for a new book, movie, product or service, but most inventors or writers are not sure how to research, protect and or pursue their idea. Now there is an app and a PC or Mac website version.

And this fellow won't help you. Writers: You cannot copyright an idea. Which is okay, because ideas by themselves are worthless.

Do you want to protect your book?

Write it.

That's 100% of what's required.

(1) Search the entire world and get a report instantly have peace of mind and do what all professional inventors and writers do first, a world Search, so that if its ever been done before you don't have to waste your time or money going any further, but if it was never done before, go for it with vigor and confidence knowing that its' truly your idea.

"All professional ... writers do first"? Really? I would have phrased that as "No professional writers do at all."

A part of this does seem to be targeted at writers: http://www.ideaapp.com/writer8.pdf

For $200 you get nothing at all. Isn't that special?

Save your time, save your money, and forget you ever heard of this "service."

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
He seems to be trying to apply a patent "prior art" search to literature.

Problem is, in literature, there is always "prior art".

la321

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, i'm trying to get a book out about what happened to me when i was in special education i read that most publishers won't consider you unless someone has an agent so i'm trying to look for one. i thought Alan was an agent because he was listed on the writers guild of america list and i told him i didn't want to use that website they're making money off people stories and the writers get nothing then he told me thats their procedure i'm free to choose from hundreds of others agents i can submit to i've been trying to find out where to start looking for an agent or publisher that handles nonfiction or autobiographies

Last edited:

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
ia321, you might try QueryTracker. It's free and provides a list of agents who handle nonfiction (and biographies/memoirs). Just did a simple search and came up with a list of 399 agents.

http://querytracker.net/literary_agents.php

Of course, you should come back and check out any agents you find here in B&BC.

Hope this helps.