Mail for Indiana Jones at UChicago

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this should be here, current events or Movies & TV, so if mods want to move it, thanks.

The University of Chicago Admissions department received a rather strange package addressed to one "Henry Walton Jones, Jr.", which turned out to be Abner Ravenwood's journal.

The University is looking for help to figure out why they got it, who made it, who it belongs to and, basically, what the deal is with it.

More store (and pictures) here: http://uchicagoadmissions.tumblr.com/post/37809971913/indiana-jones-mystery-package-we-dont-really

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
It's gorgeous and awesome and makes me love humans a bit more. :)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I certainly hope they opened it under controlled conditions. You know: x-ray, bomb or hazmat squad present.

Sorry. Where I work, every single piece of incoming mail is x-rayed and inspected before it's opened, and everybody's trained on what to do if something suspicious makes it through, anyway. Everything about the face of the package would have me put it in the isolation tank, call security, and lock down the mailroom.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I really, really hope Lucasfilm is being completely honest and open in their interaction, and we aren't going to be subjected to another Indiana Jones film. Harsh, possibly, but... damn.

It is a really cool object, and should be preserved in a permanent collection of strange things. It may not be regarded by some there as "serious", but it is still an incredible piece.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
When I went to the U of C we used to joke about how Indiana Jones' teaching scenes were filmed upstairs in the Oriental Institute (they weren't, as far as I know, but I think the establishing shots might have been done there) and how he was a U of C professor in the 'thirties.

This is cute work, whoever did it.