Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get reviews on Amazon?

practical experience, FTW areteus's Avatar
    I second the Making connections group. You basically offer as many free books as you want to offer and set a deadline for when the review should be ready by (4-6 weeks) and while they are obliged to give a review they are by no means obliged to give a good one - that is based on the quality of your writing.

Debra's method I am considering... may kick that off tomorrow.

There are hundreds of review blogs out there and they all accept reviews. I do reviews on epublishabook.com (the fantasy, sci fi and horror bits, other reviewers handle other genres and I am not sure if we have a non fiction section or not...). I get sent many books to review (so many that I have trouble keeping up...). Do a search in the area your book is in plus 'reviews' and see what comes up.

Also, do a search on your name plus reviews... sometimes review sites may pick up your book, review it and not tell you... it happened to me, I only found it when I did a search. Was a good review too. You may have more than you thought.

Alarmed that there is a book out there promoting unethical practises...

practical experience, FTW Mark Moore's Avatar
    I contacted someone at a book review blog a while ago. She was backed up regarding reviews on behalf of the blog, but she offered a review swap in which we'd purchase and review each other's books.

She eventually told me that she couldn't write a positive review of my book ("Becoming a Hero: The Complete Collection") and didn't want to hurt my chance of sales by writing an honest review. I thanked her and posted my review of her book (which was mixed).
    Complete:

Becoming a Hero (10 stories)
    Destined (3 stories)
    Vampire Killer (4 stories)
    Blackjack Jill (3 stories)

Revelatio Dearum (1 story)

WIP:

Our Lady of the Sea and the Moon (11906/100000)
    Vampire Killer #05 (552/2100)
    The Age of Ascension (2326)
    Vanity City #01 (2939/20000)
    I Can Kill You With My Brain (515)
    Blackjack Jill #04 (2583/3000)
    Destined #04 (editing)

Blog Amazon YouTube

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123