• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

RSPublishing (Lutz Barz)

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
cc

Last edited:

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, Jo, lime green letters? Zonked my brain for a minute. :Huh:

I did find something at Writers Net:

http://www.writers.net/writers/44309

Found this to be interesting:

Short version: Decided to put my book on-line with www.rspublishing.com.au - which is me. However I am not just interested in me but to get others published as well. Fiction only, all genres, free means no money asked, if published paid per download. Payments/orders through PayPal. All details on site, no surprises- I was sick of too many rules with other publishers. Free writing competition.

Here's the agreement/disclaimer (his words, not mine):

http://www.rspublishing.com.au/agreedis.html

This looks like a writer who decided to set up his own shop (produce his own books) and then decided to do so for others.

And, after reading through some more stuff on the Net, it seems that he accepts short stories and they're available as "pay per download." I didn't find anything that sounded like they pubbed novels.

~Nancy

Last edited:

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
I now have a short story published with RSpublishing. Not really a big deal, and I'm not breaking out the champagne or anything. But after the Andromeda Spaceways and Cosmos Magazine rejections, it was nice to get some uplifting news while I wait and wait and wait for news on my book...

The main reason I'm posting is to just say that my experience has been very positive. I doubt I'll make a cent, but whatever. Even the big sci-fi magazines only offer you like 50 bucks or so, which is basically nothing. Lutz was quick with getting back to all my inquiries, he responded to my submission right around the time he said he would, and he's been very up front and friendly.

Here's a particularly memorable excerpt from one of his emails to me...

e-publishing is a sort of purgatory- hanging in there until the big break comes-either by traditional publishing or just by hooking the public

Boomergirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, even if you're not going to break out champagne, you still deserve a congratulations! Good for you!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Hmm. I would consider email a serious source of income, when done well.

There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of similar sites out there. I have yet to hear of one with a substantial readersip.

This is, to my mind, a display site with fees more than it is epublishing. E-publishing is publishing in digital format but with all the other usual services still attached and a ressonable expectation of selling at least a few hundred copies. Many epublishers do accept short stories to publish individually or in anthologies/collections.

Just my 0.02

woodrow

Registered
Reaction score
curious

Did you get any sales of the book through this site? I'm thinking of submitting something but was wondering if some of the other comments are right and this is really just a site with fees as someone said

Ooh, Jo, lime green letters? Zonked my brain for a minute. :Huh:

I did find something at Writers Net:

http://www.writers.net/writers/44309

Found this to be interesting:

Short version: Decided to put my book on-line with www.rspublishing.com.au - which is me. However I am not just interested in me but to get others published as well. Fiction only, all genres, free means no money asked, if published paid per download. Payments/orders through PayPal. All details on site, no surprises- I was sick of too many rules with other publishers. Free writing competition.

Here's the agreement/disclaimer (his words, not mine):

http://www.rspublishing.com.au/agreedis.html

This looks like a writer who decided to set up his own shop (produce his own books) and then decided to do so for others.

And, after reading through some more stuff on the Net, it seems that he accepts short stories and they're available as "pay per download." I didn't find anything that sounded like they pubbed novels.

~Nancy

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As a reader, I'd click away from the unedited website long before I got to the hashed "extracts". What do you want for your work?

woodrow

Registered
Reaction score
As a reader, I'd click away from the unedited website long before I got to the hashed "extracts". What do you want for your work?

I took your advice. The website seems very unprofessional. The repeated spelling of "comming soon" in his bookstore would put me off for a start

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Bookstore is empty, and I can't make sense of the news page to grok if he's still in business. Anyone hear from him recently?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site is now SEO "blog". Barz publishing his stuff through Lulu now.