AW Amazon Affiliate Store

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Pen name issue for contribution: can you advice?

Threaded View

Pen name issue for contribution: can you advice?

I'm contributing a piece on writing to an author's blog. I've considered a pen name in the past, but did not give it major thought as I'm not yet published. The only reason I'm considering a pen name is to gain a bit of breathing space between being published (should it happen) and dealing with mixing different worlds. It seems nice to have a choice on whether to talk about it or not and to be able to pick the situation in which to bring it up. Not a big deal, but still something to consider.

It seems sensible to use a pen name consistently, so the blog contribution brings the issue closer than anticipated.

Any advice from those who have used a pen name for similar purposes? Anyone who found it useful? Anyone who thinks it's too much hassle?
    Last edited by Ton Lew Lepsnaci; 12-14-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    To tell is human - writing for kids, YA & Y@Heart

It is less important to please people who don't like your book than to please people who do, because it is better to have something people love than something they merely don't hate.

--H. Jones