Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: New editor - ShadedPen journal [$20/5k words]

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

New editor - ShadedPen journal [$20/5k words]

Hello all.

My name is William, and I'm one of the founders and the editor of ShadedPen, a literary journal in the launch phase. Our inaugural issue is scheduled for March, 2013. I'm also a writer of literary fiction, which is why I created ShadedPen.

We're looking for short literary fiction with edgy, dark (comedy or drama) themes no longer than 5,000 words. We do not charge reading or submission fees, and we will offer a small royalty payment upon acceptance. Responses to submissions through Submittable will normally take four weeks. Deadline for the March release is 02/01/2013.

Please refer to our website at www.shadedpen.com for details on our submission guidelines and our newsletter.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and bouncing ideas back and forth to help everyone achieve their goals.

Regards,

William Cutter
    Editor
    ShadedPen
    PO Box 25894
    Fayetteville, NC 28314
    www.shadedpen.com
    editor@shadedpen.com

Cecil and Jericho AW Moderator regdog's Avatar
    Moving to Paying Markets
    My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing

Mentoring Myself and Others Debbie V's Avatar
    Hi William,

Thank you for posting this. I have been looking at your guidelines and wanted to point out what I think is an error. A royalty implies a certain percentage of each sale will be paid over time. A one time payment would be the opposite. I am assuming that it is a one time fee of $20 per story. Is that correct?

Btw, payment amounts are supposed to be in the initial post in this forum. I know the mod moved you here, but you may want to add it above for clarity.

I may be sending you something shortly. Good luck with this new venture.

-Debbie

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie V View Post
    Hi William,

Thank you for posting this. I have been looking at your guidelines and wanted to point out what I think is an error. A royalty implies a certain percentage of each sale will be paid over time. A one time payment would be the opposite. I am assuming that it is a one time fee of $20 per story. Is that correct?

Btw, payment amounts are supposed to be in the initial post in this forum. I know the mod moved you here, but you may want to add it above for clarity.

I may be sending you something shortly. Good luck with this new venture.

-Debbie
    Hello Debbie,
    Your observation is correct - this is a one time payment. We look forward to your submission!

For anyone who submitted to this magazine, I checked the website last night and it's down. The link goes to a GoDaddy site where you can purchase The Shaded Pen domain name...

Thanks for the update, I'll close the thread

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    *slips note under door*

It's actually a "parked" page, not a "for sale" page; which could just mean they're in the process of revamping the site. But, yeah, not the best impression.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II2014: 2015:

Thanks, CaoPaux. I'll check the site no and then and if it returns, I'll reopen