• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Beta Reader for Horror Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonereb

Registered
Reaction score
The book is 375 pages & 60K words (MS Word). It contains 66 chapters. I'm asking that you read the first 6 to 10 chapters. You are free to read and comment on the entire book if you wish. The novel is set in the southeastern USA, so familiarity with southern culture would be helpful.

I'm now on my 9th revision and feel I'm getting close. I'm considering the Indy eBook route by Spring, maybe sooner. Here's a teaser about the book so you can judge your interest:

[FONT=&quot]100 years ago someone or something exhumed graves in a small Mississippi community. Now the unsolved crimes have resumed and a popular high school senior is dead. As the community mourns his death, two classmates find themselves snared in a pact with perdition. Does The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff hold clues to solving the mystery?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At 60,000 words, The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff is a modern horror that flashes back to the 1800’s. With disturbing apparitions, séances and exhumations sprinkled throughout the narrative, adults and young adults will choose to read this dark story under a security blanket and bright lights. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.