Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Need Beta Reader for Horror Novel

practical experience, FTW

Need Beta Reader for Horror Novel

The book is 375 pages & 60K words (MS Word). It contains 66 chapters. I'm asking that you read the first 6 to 10 chapters. You are free to read and comment on the entire book if you wish. The novel is set in the southeastern USA, so familiarity with southern culture would be helpful.

I'm now on my 9th revision and feel I'm getting close. I'm considering the Indy eBook route by Spring, maybe sooner. Here's a teaser about the book so you can judge your interest:

100 years ago someone or something exhumed graves in a small Mississippi community. Now the unsolved crimes have resumed and a popular high school senior is dead. As the community mourns his death, two classmates find themselves snared in a pact with perdition. Does The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff hold clues to solving the mystery?

At 60,000 words, The Epitaph of Jonas Barloff is a modern horror that flashes back to the 1800ís. With disturbing apparitions, sťances and exhumations sprinkled throughout the narrative, adults and young adults will choose to read this dark story under a security blanket and bright lights.

figuring it all out Mike_Gasaway's Avatar
    Heya!
    I'd love to give it a whirl. I've loved horror fiction for some time. I'm brutally honest though. I won't destroy ya, though...
    let me know!
    -----------------
    mike gasaway

MG Fantasy Novel - trimming and revising

www.gasmangroup.com/blog
    twitter: @00gasman00
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1114031/
    www.youtube.com/user/00gasman00

practical experience, FTW
    I'd be happy to give it a whirl as well :-)

Ral