We’re passionate web publishers who love exceptional content. We want to find talented writers who would enjoy using their creative gifts to craft helpful, well-written, and entertaining pieces that we can place on our sites and our partner sites.
We have pre-arranged article topics we'd like to assign, but we're also interested in hearing from writers who might have original ideas to share. At the moment, we're looking for writers for two new sites we're launching.
We're looking for:
- Parents (both new and older) who can offer advice on raising babies and toddlers, as well as general lifestyle advice for new parents (managing stress/time, financial planning, fitness etc)
- Anyone who can find interesting news/research/topics on new parenthood and present it in an entertaining, informative way.
Some notes you might find helpful:
- We don't want generic advice, generally, we want "advice" pieces to revolve around specific experiences or have a background story where possible. Practical, actionable advice is key.
- We want the content to remain easy to read and light hearted, so nothing too dense. Longer features are ok if they're extremely compelling.
A blog focused on the absurdity of the world. Content will range from:
- Epic lists of weird/interesting/funny facts
- Short editorial pieces on current/relevant news topics
- Opinion pieces on topics that matter to you, as long as it’s well-written, entertaining and appropriate for the tone of the blog.
If either of these sound like the right fit for you, we'd love to connect with you!
Payment Rates & Terms
3 - 5 cents a word, depending on your level of online publishing experience - will be agreed upon before writing. Articles are typically between 500-1000 words, but word count is much less important than the quality of the content itself.
This is an independent contractor position. Payment will generally be submitted via paypal upon article approval, but if you'd prefer to be paid up front we're more than willing to accomodate, provided you have an established reputation on the forum and lots of online publishing experience.
We retain exclusive rights to the content. You can be credited on the article, or you can use a pen name if you wish. Please let me know if you have any questions.
To apply, please:
- Let us know why you’re qualified for the position and why you're interested
- Link to pieces you’ve previously published online, preferably relevant to the types of work described above.
- Link to your personal blog (if applicable)
- Tell us briefly, what are your personal interests?
- Include a link to any of your social media profiles (optional, but it would be helpful!)
- Do you want to be assigned topics, or do you want to submit ideas of your own (or both)?
Look forward to hearing from you! Let me know if you have any questions.