Emanuel Church has a donate button on their website, if you'd like to help.

See also the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Poetry Writing Group (will it work?)

Bronies, Bronies Everywhere acockey's Avatar

Poetry Writing Group (will it work?)

I know there is a poetry critique group on here, and it works well with all the support on here. But can it work in a real time group setting? I.E. other such fiction writing critique groups. Is there any reason you can think of that a real world setting wouldn't work? Would speaking the poem just out loud and not passing out a written copy work? Do you think people will respond to writing assignments given on the day of the meeting due for the next meeting, that will emulate a famous poet?

Weigh in please, because I intend on starting the meetup soon.

Thanx

Andy

Current WIP: V 33000/50,0000 (Alive Again Yay!!!)

New WIP: Phase-Washed Jeans: 5,000/ 80,000 (Once more into the breach of fantasy)

Check me out over at EliteCosplay.com... handle HandyAnimeAndy

Tell it like it Is Susan Littlefield's Avatar
    Absolutely! I would suggest you contact your local writers club, if you have one, or your local library or literary society about find a poetry critique group. I believe our club has a poetry critique group, but I'm no sure.

You would just run it like any critique group: bring copies of poems, have them critique for next meeting, and at the next meeting your read your poem and they critique.
    Susan

Please visit my website: http://www.susanlittlefield.blogspot.com/