I just came back from THAT side of YouTube

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit, I've never been to that part of YouTube. You are braver than I could ever be. That's a plus!!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Just don't go anywhere with long grass (snakes). Or in the ocean (sharks and jellyfish). Or to the bathroom (spiders).

You make Australia sound so appealing... :D

Frankly - I found it a little freaky. Except for America and the gun thing (also the middle east) the rest of the world is basically harmless.

Depends on your definition of harmless. Even the UK has things which attack when you aren't paying attention. Do you realize the level of funny looks you get when you walk into a surgery with half a bee embedded in your hand? People really stare.

Last I heard, it was scheduled for the 21st of this month.

I'm endlessly optimistic - I have scheduled posts on the blog through March so far. I'll be really annoyed if the world ends before they go up.

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
I've skipped meals. And sleep. They have really, really long documentaries uploaded these days, which makes it all the harder to switch off and go do something productive.

That has been noted a few times here. Mostly by me, and mostly in the Cantina, where people seem determined to sell me on the idea of visiting Australia. I've seen what lives there - nobody's gonna convince me I'll get out alive...

That's a level of commitment I haven't broached yet. I'm sure I'll get there eventually. I got sucked in for five solid hours the other day watching videos of people's top whatever movie sound tracks and being all sorts of mad when they chose stupid ones...I haven't run into any of the truly long documentaries yet. I'm wavering between whether that would be great or really, truly bad.

As for Australia- I actually watched an entire documentary (on YouTube if I remember right) about the top 10 most poisonous animals in the world and all of them live in Australia. Most of them were aquatic, too. It made that great idea my family had of hitting up the exotic waters down there seem way less appealing.

You know, I remember reading an article the other day that the Mayan calendar didn't account for leap years, and so technically the end of the world should have happened like, eight months ago. I might need to hunt that thing up. I could pass it out to all the yahoos at Walmart who are stockpiling things and keeping me from buying my cats the brand of cat food they like. They've been out all month and I am really tired of my cats glaring at me over their food bowls.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I could pass it out to all the yahoos at Walmart who are stockpiling things and keeping me from buying my cats the brand of cat food they like. They've been out all month and I am really tired of my cats glaring at me over their food bowls.

That might be the Christmas idiots rather than the end of the world idiots. I am staying indoors as I can't take the hassle any more - one more person pushes me as they grab all the sugar from the shelf and I may very well snap...

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
That might be the Christmas idiots rather than the end of the world idiots. I am staying indoors as I can't take the hassle any more - one more person pushes me as they grab all the sugar from the shelf and I may very well snap...

It might be. Of course, this is the perfect storm for crazies. I live in an area of the country where people are stockpiling weapons and ammo (Walmart out of that too, I checked just for fun) because the government is apparently training a secret military force to suppress all of us when the apocalypse comes. Plus its supposed to snow a bunch soon, or so I hear. Not to mention its the holidays.

Perhaps while I'm out today I'll grab you some sugar and then we can hide out in my neighbor's bunker until its all over. :chair I bet I could swing a YouTube connection down there...

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've skipped meals. And sleep. They have really, really long documentaries uploaded these days, which makes it all the harder to switch off and go do something productive.

That has been noted a few times here. Mostly by me, and mostly in the Cantina, where people seem determined to sell me on the idea of visiting Australia. I've seen what lives there - nobody's gonna convince me I'll get out alive...
You do know you have a pause button on Youtube, right?

(I have used it many times on those long videos when immediate life interfered with viewing life.)

Please.

Speaking as an Australian who survived 53 years in this country and then moved to France, let me just say that Other Countries Don't Do Poisonous Stuff.

Frankly - I found it a little freaky. Except for America and the gun thing (also the middle east) the rest of the world is basically harmless.

Who knew?
Not quite true. But not in the vast quantities of things designed to kill that you all have. ;)

True story: on the property I grew up on we were inundated with snakes. Of the poisonous varieties we had copperheads, rattlesnakes and, when the river flooded, the occasional water moccasin. One day I was walking around the side of the house and the ground under my foot squelched. The ground wasn't supposed to do that. I looked down and my surprised eyes met the copperhead's surprised eyes. To this day I do not know how I managed to jump three feet straight into the air and have enough forward momentum to propel me another several forward. But I did. And I managed not to get bit in the process.

Ah youth. If it happened today I would die. That's why I try my best not to be in places where poisonous snakes cross my path. Or other things that will either kill me or eat on me until I'm dead or...nope. Not visiting Australia.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It might be. Of course, this is the perfect storm for crazies. I live in an area of the country where people are stockpiling weapons and ammo (Walmart out of that too, I checked just for fun) because the government is apparently training a secret military force to suppress all of us when the apocalypse comes. Plus its supposed to snow a bunch soon, or so I hear. Not to mention its the holidays.

Perhaps while I'm out today I'll grab you some sugar and then we can hide out in my neighbor's bunker until its all over. :chair I bet I could swing a YouTube connection down there...
Do you have a prearranged invitation? A lot of bunker builders aren't sharing.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
You do know you have a pause button on Youtube, right?

The pause button is for lightweights.

Watching an entire season of a television show in one slog is something which is much, much better without RL rudely interfering.

That's why I try my best not to be in places where poisonous snakes cross my path. Or other things that will either kill me or eat on me until I'm dead or...nope. Not visiting Australia.

Join us in secure bunkers. Guaranteed 100% deadly snake free.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Lord! How will I know what to wear? It's the Rapture thing all over again. What are you wearing?
I'm going to be wearing my fuzzy bathrobe and slippers, and probably eating ice cream. If the world is ending, there is no reason for me to give a crap what I look like.

Plus, the fuzzy bathrobe is surprisingly warm and the slippers have fleece lining, which is more than I can say for my shoes, and the ice cream is important for building up fat to tide me through the lean times. It's really not such a bad outfit for an apocalypse.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
It started with the world's biggest pimple, then I progressed into videos of cyst excision (some of which seemed to be home-surgery, didn't seem the brightest idea to me), to ear wax removal, to a killer cat scratch, to a flesh-eating spider bite, and then into various parasite living inside the body, which was capped by the type that live and move around the brain and skull (thank you so much for those experiences AnimalPlanet).
And finally I ended my foray with a milkshake involving seven processed ice cream sandwiches.

So, yeah, my skin is crawling.
I'm going to try to sleep now. This will not end well . . .

Try Largest Blackheads instead of Pimple. There is a guy (I have to wonder if he really is a doctor - he does some of the blackhead removal without gloves - ick!) from India who has made a series of him removing forests of blackheads and whiteheads from geriatric patients, especially off the noses.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Try Largest Blackheads instead of Pimple. There is a guy (I have to wonder if he really is a doctor - he does some of the blackhead removal without gloves - ick!) from India who has made a series of him removing forests of blackheads and whiteheads from geriatric patients, especially off the noses.
Seen it.
Not as visually impressive.