I just came back from THAT side of YouTube

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
It started with the world's biggest pimple, then I progressed into videos of cyst excision (some of which seemed to be home-surgery, didn't seem the brightest idea to me), to ear wax removal, to a killer cat scratch, to a flesh-eating spider bite, and then into various parasite living inside the body, which was capped by the type that live and move around the brain and skull (thank you so much for those experiences AnimalPlanet).
And finally I ended my foray with a milkshake involving seven processed ice cream sandwiches.

So, yeah, my skin is crawling.
I'm going to try to sleep now. This will not end well . . .

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
You went to the weird part of YouTube and survived.

That is a rite of passage everyone who visits there goes through.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Not my first visit to the freaky part of YouTube, but definitely the longest.
I think the total time was somewhere around 45 minutes to an hour.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Pfft. That's a sojourn at best. A brief visitation.

Come back and brag when you hit the 48 hour mark. :D

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are plenty of things on YouTube that can completely kill a craving for ice cream.

Maryn, who's seen them

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
Pfft. That's a sojourn at best. A brief visitation.

Come back and brag when you hit the 48 hour mark. :D

There are times, I swear, when the entirety of my household is in front of the computer watching that stuff. We've actually skipped making dinner and ordered a pizza so we didn't have to leave the computer before. Its awful. And amazing. I am particularly fond of the spider videos, especially the ones about the super-huge, super-fast ones in Australia. (Has anyone else noticed that entire continent seems stocked with things meant to kill humans?)

I must confess, though, that I was stuck on the Will It Blend page for hours on end. The Justin Beiber episode made me laugh so hard I thought I might puke.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
We've actually skipped making dinner and ordered a pizza so we didn't have to leave the computer before.

I've skipped meals. And sleep. They have really, really long documentaries uploaded these days, which makes it all the harder to switch off and go do something productive.

I am particularly fond of the spider videos, especially the ones about the super-huge, super-fast ones in Australia. (Has anyone else noticed that entire continent seems stocked with things meant to kill humans?)

That has been noted a few times here. Mostly by me, and mostly in the Cantina, where people seem determined to sell me on the idea of visiting Australia. I've seen what lives there - nobody's gonna convince me I'll get out alive...

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I feel so deprived...
Ewe! I've never looked for any of this stuff.

Makes me wonder why.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
That has been noted a few times here. Mostly by me, and mostly in the Cantina, where people seem determined to sell me on the idea of visiting Australia. I've seen what lives there - nobody's gonna convince me I'll get out alive...

Speaking as an Australian who has survived 28.5 years in this country, I've gotta so there's nothing to worry about.

Just don't go anywhere with long grass (snakes). Or in the ocean (sharks and jellyfish). Or to the bathroom (spiders).

Hmm. Better stay in the airport...

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I once read a book where a character said, "Sanity so often consists of knowing what not to think about."

I have a similar instinct about what not to look at on the internet.

The last time I screwed up was several years ago and involved a video of a man who had injected his penis full of saline (or something) until it was as big as a guinea pig and rolled around on his hand like a water-balloon on a table top.

I think I watched maybe one second's worth of footage before I mashed the back button and started making "distressed Chewbacca" noises.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking as an Australian who has survived 28.5 years in this country, I've gotta so there's nothing to worry about.

Just don't go anywhere with long grass (snakes). Or in the ocean (sharks and jellyfish). Or to the bathroom (spiders).

Hmm. Better stay in the airport...

and the Drop bears?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Please.

Speaking as an Australian who survived 53 years in this country and then moved to France, let me just say that Other Countries Don't Do Poisonous Stuff.

Frankly - I found it a little freaky. Except for America and the gun thing (also the middle east) the rest of the world is basically harmless.

Who knew?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Australia must really be out to get us then... Frankly, I blame the Mayans.

I blame the French. But I'm prepared to forgive them.

Cliff - the world is about to end isn't it? I just missed the date...

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Last I heard, it was scheduled for the 21st of this month.

Which time zone, I have no idea! I mean, the morning of the 21st here is the evening or afternoon of the 20th for everyone else! By the time everyone else is getting stuck into their 21st, we'll be on the 22nd.

Frankly, the only way this apocalypse has any chance is if the entire world is inexplicably asleep at the same time. Which isn't a bad way to go, I hear.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last I heard, it was scheduled for the 21st of this month.

Which time zone, I have no idea! I mean, the morning of the 21st here is the evening or afternoon of the 20th for everyone else! By the time everyone else is getting stuck into their 21st, we'll be on the 22nd.

Lord! How will I know what to wear? It's the Rapture thing all over again. What are you wearing?

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I like to live in cold climates.
Partly for the snow, partly just because I like things a bit chilly, and if the freezing climates is discouraging to creepy-crawly things, well, that's just a bonus.
:p

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm, I prefer the cold too. My biggest bug annoyance are the flies in Summer. So annoying!

*throws a snowball at the flies*

It was 39C here today, which is 102F. Ack! My snowball melted before it left my hand!