Podcasts about writing/reading YA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for some recommendations of interesting YA-themed podcasts, after listening to Sara Zarr's fascinating series 'This Creative Life'. They can be about writing YA (preferred) or reading, either is good.

Does anyone know of any I can download from iTunes, or is Sara Zarr's podcast series a rare thing/an anomaly?

Thank you!

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Writing Excuses is about writing in general (with a strong focus on sf/f and horror - since that's what they all write) but they've done quite a few YA episodes. Plus, YA novels come up fairly frequently, as do YA authors on non-YA specific topics.

But I still haven't found a YA specific podcast even after years of looking for one. Someone really ought to put one together.

lauralam

Moonshade
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested in getting involved in a YA-only podcast, though I balk at actually setting one up by myself.

LadyA

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested in getting involved in a YA-only podcast, though I balk at actually setting one up by myself.

Awesome! We should totally do an AWYA podcast series - although I haven't got the first clue of how to go about it ;)

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
Oh, if one starts up, are you guys going to talk about how to properly do a contemporary? Also, I'll properly be listlening up if it becomes available.

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
Um, I'd be down for getting involved in that! I feel like podcasts need more specific topics than just "YA" though... hrm.

lauralam

Moonshade
Registered
Reaction score
Why not? Each podcast could focus on different subjects - YA SFF, contemporary, violence in YA, sexuality in YA, genre-mashing, the nuts and bolts of publishing, etc etc.

Dagrami

stuck in the middle
Registered
Reaction score
Writing Excuses is about writing in general (with a strong focus on sf/f and horror - since that's what they all write) but they've done quite a few YA episodes. Plus, YA novels come up fairly frequently, as do YA authors on non-YA specific topics.

Subscribed! I love Brandon Sanderson. And I love podcasts (even though I only discovered their brilliance, like, last week).

LadyA

Registered
Reaction score
I've never done a podcast, but it sounds fun! Agreed, it should be one on each genre, then some talking to authors who use a particular technique/working style and how they do it (i.e. verse or loads of POVS) or anything really...

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
A YA podcast would be awesome! I'm definitely interested in being involved.

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
Quite a bit YA comes up in the girls in the stacks podcasts :) Those are fun to listen to.

I'd also love to get involved in making YA podcasts! I'd be more behind the scenes, I guess, because my accent's horrible ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.