Would it be okay if I...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there guys,

I found this little subforum and it made me think about my friend. A year ago he wrote a funny fantasy novel that's available on the web and I'd love to show it around, but would not want to make it look like some fishy spam-advert :) Let me know if you'd like to hear about it or if it's in a bad taste!

I'm a newbie so I'm not yet familiar with your etiquette around here.

Thanks ^^

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there guys,

I found this little subforum and it made me think about my friend. A year ago he wrote a funny fantasy novel that's available on the web and I'd love to show it around, but would not want to make it look like some fishy spam-advert :) Let me know if you'd like to hear about it or if it's in a bad taste!

I'm a newbie so I'm not yet familiar with your etiquette around here.

Thanks ^^

Hello, Calliea.

AW is happy to have its members plug their own publications, once they have shown themselves to be members, not drive-by spammers or folks looking for a quick critique who have no intention of participating as a member of the community. So plugging your friend's book would not be something that would go over for you. Why not suggest to your friend that he join AW so he can participate here and eventually post info about it in his sigline?

As you know, we have SYW--Share Your Work--an area where you can have your own work critiqued. You need fifty legitimate posts in order to post there. So, participate, learn, teach and enjoy. And when you have those 50 legitimate posts, you'll be able to post your work there.

Welcome to AW.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
He's really not a forum person :) And I didn't mean to show it for critique or anything like that, just wanted to spread the word a little for him since I really enjoyed the book and laughed quite a bit with it. But I understand if that's not necessarily welcome.

psychling7

Word Monkey
Registered
Reaction score
thanks for asking. Getting your work out there is hard. If its put on Amazon it quickly gets buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.