• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sandpiper Publicity (formerly The Albee Agency)

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Idiots like these remind me of the fake New Age healers I've had the pleasure of exposing. They just don't realize that, thanks to the mighty Google, many phoney claims are very easy to investigate and debunk.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
There's nothing one can trust on a website anymore... Everything has to be checked in outside objective sources. What makes me wonder is indeed, why would they do something like this in the age where everyone and their uncle googles themselves/their friends/their beloved authors and then has countless ways of spreading the word of a scam.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I got a comment on my post today: apparently, Albee ripped off much of the content from his website from another (legitimate) PR firm, and also falsely claimed that he'd worked for this firm for 10 years. Apparently many of the testimonials he used were real ones stolen from the real PR firm's site, with fictitious authors' names attached.

Unbelievable. I mean, how dumb can you be?

- Victoria

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
After being hastily purged and trimmed, the Testimonials page has vanished entirely. And the footer of the front page reads:

There is no quote with this tag/owner. -Tux

:rolleyes:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Given that some of the authors dispute making the statements at all, I wonder how they could be from another agency?

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
Given that some of the authors dispute making the statements at all, I wonder how they could be from another agency?

...because they apparently changed the names. So the quoted part would be real (as in it came from somewhere), but another person said it about another place.

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
Late to the party, but I find the fake testimonial from Chuck Wendig to be particularly hilarious. Someone who's visited his blog even once is going to know that's not him talking -- he has a very distinctive voice, and that ain't it.