• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta for experimental magical realism

Status
Not open for further replies.

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
Dear board,

Book is narrated in pseudo-conversational style, features a bevy of complex plots and wild feats of magic; also a deranged shark god, and hordes of insane, mystically empowered Central American Freemasons. The story received high accolades from a number of agents, but nevertheless no bites. Please help.

My novel is 115,000 words long.

Thank you.

Regards,

Richard

Last edited:

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Here's my suggestion to all potential beta readers: start with a sample. Beta reading is a serious commitment, especially a 80K+ word manuscript. Whenever I'm considering a project, I always start with 1-3 chapters or 30-50 pages before committing to the entire MS. It's pretty simple and so far, nobody has objected.

Not everyone wants to post their project in the Share Your Work forum (for a myriad of reasons) and I respect that. So, if you're interested in richcapo's project but are uncertain as to whether or not you want to commit to critiquing 115K words, consider asking him to share a partial with you so you can test the waters. This will also give richcapo an idea as to your ability to offer a constructive critique. After all, beta reading is a two-way street. :)

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
I'll swap, sure. Partial or full works for me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.