Returning from long hiatus

Blackfire

Ghost amidst the caligraphy.
Registered
Reaction score
Good day, AW,

I had spent quite a while on these forums and learned quite a bit. However, I lost a lot of drive to write, as horrible as that is, because of my studies and life in general.

Thankfully, though, I manged to get myself a better laptop, up-to-date word processing software, and most importantly, the desire to write again. So, though I am not 'new' here per se, I figured this thread would be a good place to re-introduce myself.

So hello again, AW. It's good to be back.

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad you're ready to jump back in the saddle! May your muse come swiftly and sweetly.

Welcome back.

Blackfire

Registered
Reaction score
Many thanks for receiving me in the manner so representative of AW, Askew.

My muse has been quite kind as of late, resulting in quite a bit of progress on one of my projects, which I am eager to share in the SYW thread...As soon as I remember how to get there. >_>;

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

Blackfire

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone.

I've put up something in the SYW thread [now that I've found it again; seriously, was it always that inconspicuous?], and I'm looking for some feedback, if anyone is interested.

As always, I'm willing to look at many genres for crit, but the depth of my critiques is dependent on how familiar I am with the genre.

But now I'm just shamelessly promoting...

Thank you all again for your warm welcome. [back, that is]

captain_ryan

THE BEARD IS BACK, BABY!
Registered
Reaction score
Tell you what, I'm about to get off work so I don't have the time now, but I will make an effort to read it soon. If you get impatient, message me and remind me because I'm also forgetful. Just keep in mind, romance writing isn't always my cup of tea, but it might do me well to step outside of my box.

Blackfire

Registered
Reaction score
Very kind of you, sir. Any and all feedback is welcome, just be sure to read the warnings I've included in the opening.

It's nothing smutty, but as you said, not everyone's cup of tea.

captain_ryan

THE BEARD IS BACK, BABY!
Registered
Reaction score
Your warnings don't scare me, Blackie.

You know what, I made time. I just put my critique up, and I must say my answer is yes, I'd like to see more. I'm not an expert in this genre, but I've stated my reasoning.

I wish you the best. Let me know if you need any more readings from a fish out of water. :tongue

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, if you write romance we need to be friends, for sure. PM me if you like. I'm always on the hunt for like-minded writing buddies.

Look at you- back and already everyone is chomping at the bit, ready to be helpful! Exciting, isn't it?

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. :welcome: back to the Water Cooler!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back to AW Blackfire!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Blackfire

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, if you write romance we need to be friends, for sure. PM me if you like. I'm always on the hunt for like-minded writing buddies.

Look at you- back and already everyone is chomping at the bit, ready to be helpful! Exciting, isn't it?

I've always been fond of romance, so I'd certainly enjoy having someone who I can rely on to read my things, as well as someone who can provide me with some fluffy words of romantic goodness. ;P

As well, AW has always been helpful. The only reason I had spent time away was because I wasn't writing. And really, that's what this place is about, no? Well, reading too, but that goes hand in hand. Like a romantic relationship, or some other really obvious and dull analogy.

Your warnings don't scare me, Blackie.

You know what, I made time. I just put my critique up, and I must say my answer is yes, I'd like to see more. I'm not an expert in this genre, but I've stated my reasoning.

I wish you the best. Let me know if you need any more readings from a fish out of water. :tongue

Ah, yes. I was pleased to see the lengthy review you gave, as I said over in that thread. I'm posting up the next chapter for review, because I'm not as confident in that one, and I certainly could use some advice as to what's wrong with it, if you've the time. :)

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, fluffiness shall abound then. I just submitted my most recent and I'm getting ready to research and outline my newest. My goal is to have it written by mid-January at the latest. That will give me (and you if you want!) plenty of warm and fluffy scenes to read on those snowy winter nights.

Good times...

Blackfire

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds lovely, Askew. :3 PM me at your leisure with the link to some of your work if you're looking for some feedback. :)