Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Incoming!

a work in progress

Incoming!

Every year, in my last Regional Broadcast, round about December 1 or 2, I point the writers in my region in the direction of some great writing resources. Stuff about editing, stuff about publishing commercially or indie, stuff about avoiding scammers. Stuff.

Absolute Write makes up a large portion of the links in that Regional Broadcast. Because AW is full of teh Awesome.

So... the Boulder Wrimos are on their way! Please make them feel welcome! Which I know y'all are so very good at!

*hugs*
    Nicole J. LeBoeuf-Little (Niki)

Author, occasionally published. Watch this space for more, or visit the amazing actually writing blog. (It actually writes!)

Now available (see sig for link)! Cliff Face's Avatar
    Hooray!

I wonder if Mac would give you 2 free rep points per new member you bring in? Finder's fee!
    Buy my comedic urban fantasy novel on Kindle today!
    I now have a blog.
    (Updated 30 June 2015)
    I also have a website where I can be hired as an editor! How exciting!

Main WIPs

The Black Book That Went 'Thud' (waiting to be edited)
    From De-cluttering To Minimalism: A Journey (is it finished yet?)
    The Little House of Flames (writing)

a work in progress
    Hee! But how would I count them these days that there's no rep point number on display anymore?

I was just thinking about the "criticisms of Nano" conversation, and how there were a couple posts in there that could make a new AW'er fresh from the NaNoWriMo.org forums feel a little less than welcome... But they were so thoroughly rebutted by everyone else in the thread, including mods, that I don't think there's any danger of misreading the general AW atmosphere.

I just get kinda protective of my peeps sometimes. It's hard to take off the ML hat just because it's December.
    Nicole J. LeBoeuf-Little (Niki)

Author, occasionally published. Watch this space for more, or visit the amazing actually writing blog. (It actually writes!)

Now available (see sig for link)! Cliff Face's Avatar
    Mmm, I understand your concern.

But the vast majority of AW members seem to have arrived at a consensus about most topics that few find objectionable.

Buy my comedic urban fantasy novel on Kindle today!
    I now have a blog.
    (Updated 30 June 2015)
    I also have a website where I can be hired as an editor! How exciting!

Main WIPs

The Black Book That Went 'Thud' (waiting to be edited)
    From De-cluttering To Minimalism: A Journey (is it finished yet?)
    The Little House of Flames (writing)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleJLeBoeuf View Post
    Hee! But how would I count them these days that there's no rep point number on display anymore?

I was just thinking about the "criticisms of Nano" conversation, and how there were a couple posts in there that could make a new AW'er fresh from the NaNoWriMo.org forums feel a little less than welcome... But they were so thoroughly rebutted by everyone else in the thread, including mods, that I don't think there's any danger of misreading the general AW atmosphere.

I just get kinda protective of my peeps sometimes. It's hard to take off the ML hat just because it's December.

Count me as one of the AW newbs fresh from Wrimo who happened upon that thread. I didn't expect to encounter any negativity on these boards until after my first week.

Also, Nicole, I agree with your comments in that post thoroughly. As an instructor to many ESL students, I find that "just because you can doesn't mean you should" attitude all kinds of unpleasant.