AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Goddess Fish Promotions

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Question Goddess Fish Promotions

I don't know if I'm in the right section but here goes. I have a book coming out in February and have seen several publishers use Goddess Fish Promotions. Goddess does not post an email on its website but you click "email," and it takes you to "Outlook" which doesn't work on my computer. So I sent them an email via Facebook and got a reply on Hotmail. Then I sent a follow up email and got no reply at all. Do they only sell their services to publishers and well-published authors? I couldn't find any information about them in Absolute Write.
    Thanking you in advance,
    Night2Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Night2Dawn View Post
    I don't know if I'm in the right section but here goes. I have a book coming out in February and have seen several publishers use Goddess Fish Promotions. Goddess does not post an email on its website but you click "email," and it takes you to "Outlook" which doesn't work on my computer. So I sent them an email via Facebook and got a reply on Hotmail. Then I sent a follow up email and got no reply at all. Do they only sell their services to publishers and well-published authors? I couldn't find any information about them in Absolute Write.
    Thanking you in advance,
    Night2Dawn
    What publishers use them? Surely not ones big enough to have marketing people of their own?
    Because if Goddess Fish don't even have an e-mail link and the only access to them is via Facebook , how much 'promoting' can they do?

I just looked at their site. By 'publishers', they seem to mean 'self-publishers'. So, no, not people with their own anything.

Their services are for authors, then, and it looks like the bulk of their activity (according to the very happy and enthusiastic testimonials) is blog-tours.
    Have you heard of any of their authors? Or their blog tours?

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    Does Goddess-fish = Coddess?

Actually, I initially read keep reading it as Godless Fish.
    Last edited by DreamWeaver; 12-04-2012 at 05:29 AM.
    Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters.

Adding a link:

http://www.goddessfish.com/

The contact link is an HTML mailto link which should (in theory) open a new mail message using the default email client on a computer. If you hover over the link instead of clicking on it, you should see "mailto:" followed by an email address in the bottom bar of your browser.

They really ought to have a contact page or the email address spelled in addition to the link so people without an email client installed will be able to contact them.

Breathless Press

Breathless Press uses them a lot. That's how come I thought they worked with publishers (small publishers). I got an email address after contacting Marianne (the owner of Goddess Fish) through Facebook. I'm contemplating using them for a blog tour through Winter months. I also hovered over the link like you suggested, and the email address came up. Much appreciated.
    Night2Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Night2Dawn View Post
    . I also hovered over the link like you suggested, and the email address came up. Much appreciated.
    Glad I could help. If you decide to use their services, please let us know how it works out for you.

Outside the box, with the bunnehz KimJo's Avatar
    I've used Goddess Fish for some promoting. They deal primarily with e-published romance authors (and some small e-publishers), but also do some young adult. I had them set up a blog tour for one of my YA titles and they were quick to find dates and hosts for me. Their prices for promotional services are pretty reasonable as far as I'm concerned, and I would recommend them and would use them again in the future myself.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    I am on their list of blogs available for blog tours. I haven't hosted one yet but they seem to know what they are doing.
    Emily Veinglory

I'm on their host list and I have hosted quite a few of the tours they have organized. They are quite through and good.