Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: latin translation

latin translation

Can somebody fluent in Latin please translate the words "The Diabolical Child" for me? Thanks for your time. x

The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me. WillSauger's Avatar
    Google Translate result: Diabolica P˙erum
    Don't Fear Failure.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

I fight like a dairy farmer Corussa's Avatar
    My Latin is a bit rusty (to say the least), but in addition to Will's good suggestion, I would offer:

infans scelestus

infans nefarius

'Everything you want is on the other side of fear.' Jack Canfield

Super Procrastinator Kallithrix's Avatar
    Diabolical has roots in ecclesiastical greek/latin, so you could just use that with the correct gender ending.

Child could be puer if male, or puella if female. Or as Corussa says, infans

puer diabolicus/puella diabolica
    infans diabolicus
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin heyheymse's Avatar
    Studied Latin for ten years, through university. I'd go with infans diabolicus, as suggested by Kallithrix.
    The world is so full of a number of things.
    I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.

Current WIP: Liberalia (YA Historical/Supernatural) - 16,500/75,000

Retired Illuminatus dangerousbill's Avatar
    I've noticed that the Latin translator in Google sometimes makes some gruesome errors (not in this case), so it's always a good idea to do the reverse translation to check.
    Dangerous Bill

'Lessons for a Dominant Woman' - A woman's journey, breaking out of the abused wife trap to enslaving her college professor. Romantic realistic femdom. A prequel to 'Lessons at the Edge' CAUTION: Explicit, 18+
    http://www.amazon.com/Lessons-Domina...=william+gaius

Super Procrastinator Kallithrix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerousbill View Post
    I've noticed that the Latin translator in Google sometimes makes some gruesome errors (not in this case), so it's always a good idea to do the reverse translation to check.
    I'm not sure even that will catch things like noun/adjective gender disagreement, and nor will it tell you which case you need to use...
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Thanks for the great response! I'll go with Infans Diabolicus, mwahaHAHAHahem