What are you reading right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoGirl

Write on, write on...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh that series is supposed to be like crack. She's always a favorite on PNR lists. I'm at my limit for starting a long running series right now but plan on reading her soon.
I went to a used bookstore over the weekend and found the next five in the series. I screeched like a banshee lol

I've just started Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh. *sigh* It's so good to be back in her world!
I read the first one. I have to get back into her world. I got side-tracked by JD Robb's In Death series

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
I really liked The Other Boleyn Girl. The book is much more detailed and has a much more interesting storyline than the movie. The movie was a huge disappointment after the book. I enjoyed most of her books, actually. But that one is a good place to start.

TorontoGirl

Write on, write on...
Registered
Reaction score
I really liked The Other Boleyn Girl. The book is much more detailed and has a much more interesting storyline than the movie. The movie was a huge disappointment after the book. I enjoyed most of her books, actually. But that one is a good place to start.

Wow, really? Okay, I will definitely pick them up. Thanks!

Hankleton

Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished Alice Clayton's 'The unidentified Redhead' which I absolutely loved. Right from the start I was in love with the two main characters. I am about to start the sequel 'The Redhead Revealed.' For anyone who enjoys light romance with a twist of humour and lots of sexytime, these books are for you.

MsLaylaCakes

Playing the waiting game
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taraquan.com
Just took the plunge and bought the last two books in Kresley Cole's IAD series. I had been on the fence due to the mixed reviews Lothaire was getting, but the $1 off at amazon nudged me to open my (virtual) wallet.

CelesteBC

Registered
Reaction score
I am reading The Soldier by Grace Burrowes, which is apparently the second book in a series (oops). I'm really enjoying it. It is one of the few romance books I have read that really captures the reality of sex (i.e. it is sticky and you are probably going to want to take a moment to clean yourself up before you fall asleep in a tangle of limbs) She also does a really good job of portraying the relationship between the brothers in the story.

SAppleyard

Making friends with the Deadly Sins
Registered
Reaction score
All of Nalini Singh's books, they're fabulous! And then also Lori Foster's Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series and Love Undercover Series :)

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
anyone have any holiday romance (contemporary or historical) recs? Thought I'd read one or two before Christmas...

K. Trian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tktrian.wordpress.com
Marianne is still available? I loved it - and bought the whole series when I was in France. Unfortunately, they were in box that was lost when I moved. Do you also know the "Catherine"-series by Benzoni?
Yeah, I know it, but haven't read it yet. We have the books in our summer cottage, so I'll read them at some point :)
Unfortunately I found Mariannes only as second-hand, so I don't know about the series' availability. Might take a bit work to find them all, depending on the language I guess.

power31312

Believe in the impossible
Registered
Reaction score
Currently working on Nauti Temptress by Lora Leigh.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
anyone have any holiday romance (contemporary or historical) recs? Thought I'd read one or two before Christmas...
Do you like erotic romance? :D See my sig. There are other sweeter Holiday romances from great authors at Samhain too if you prefer.
(I'm reading CamWolf by JL Merrow which is also a Samhain Publishing novel. )

ZoeYork

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.zoeyork.com
Yes, a few AWers have holiday stories out. A little birdie told me I'm getting a kobo giftcard in my stocking, and I'm planning on using it to pick up Ros Clarke's holiday novella.

I'm also very excited to read Anne Calhoun's Breath on Embers. Christmas in New York, an emotionally sensitive fire fighter, and some smokin' sex scenes - I'm sure that my only complaint will be that it's too short.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
So the Christmas books I read were:

Holiday Sparks - Shannon Stacey
Season for Surrender - Theresa Romain
Claustrophobic Christmas - Ellie Marvel

The last one was really good.

ARoyce

Hopeful romantic/hopeless pedant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amararoyce.com
Courtney Milan's The Duchess War. Stunning. Like Middlemarch or North and South, but a romance novel.

Milan is an auto-buy for me. Speaking of which, did you know her novella A KISS FOR MIDWINTER is out now too? I flew through it.

And I just finished Isobel Carr's newest...RIPE FOR SEDUCTION.

I'd recommend both to anyone interested in historical romance.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, a few AWers have holiday stories out. A little birdie told me I'm getting a kobo giftcard in my stocking, and I'm planning on using it to pick up Ros Clarke's holiday novella.

Oh, all the Entangled books are actually available at Kobo now! They weren't a few months ago. (And they're still not available at Sony.) Time to try one then, perhaps. I always get at least one Chapters/Indigo gift card at Christmas...

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading the tenth book in The BlackDagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward. My go-to series when I dont want to read anything else and want to re-connect with old friends.

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to start Vampire Vacation by CJ Ellisson. Looking forward to something a little more lighthearted than my usual fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.