It's been a while since I started a thread.
I don't know if this has been done. I did a search and couldn't find anything.
So, here be da rules.
1) I will start with a sentence starting the story.
2) The next person will follow up with a COMPLETE sentence. (and I'll be watching...so if anyone messes it up, I bring out the Dalek...).
3) The sentence can be funny or serious, as long as it connects to the previous sentence in some way.
4) Dialogue can be used, but sparingly.
5) Try not to chance tenses or POV in the middle of a story.
6) After 25 sentences or so, a person may end the story so another individual can start a new one. Alternatively, we may find that we have a never-ending story in this thread.
Person 1: The moon was bright, and the monkeys came out to play.
Person 2: The monkeys brought bananas and danced in the moonlight, hitting me with tree branches as they frolicked joyfully.
See? Okay...for realsies this time. Have fun!
One day, a hippopotamus was walking across whatever hippos walk on, and he realized he was hungry.