The Onion Does it Again

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, this is hilarious.

Apparently, China's paper People's Daily believed an Onion report and made it big news.

Kim Jong Un - Sexiest man alive! Who in their right minds would disagree???

:roll:

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Accidental misunderstanding... or a subversive at the paper who knew full well the original article was satire and decided to have a little fun?

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Either way, it's pretty hilarious. Especially Onion's write up. So over -the- top and ridiculous. I love it.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Either way, it's pretty hilarious. Especially Onion's write up. So over -the- top and ridiculous. I love it.
I agree, but you know me... I'm rooting for the subversive. ;)

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
"With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman's dream come true. Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper's editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile," it said. "He has that rare ability to somehow be completely adorable and completely macho at the same time,"
Oh come on! This description... Kim Jong Un's actual appearance... State media stupidity!

But I bet Kim's got a print of the original Onion article pinned above his bed. Then again, he's got his own state media to kiss his ass.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
This isn't the first time the revered People's Daily has run with a piece from The Onion. I don't know anyone who works for the Daily personally, but I'm beginning to believe they're a bunch of dimwits.

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Well humour and satire doesn't necessarily translate well into other languages more lost in translation than anything.