• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Melanie Jackson Agency

merlot143

Registered
Reaction score
So I decided to check out the agent of Nicole Krauss, one of my favorite authors: Melanie Jackson is her agent. Seems like this is the Olympic standard for literary agents. However they don't have a website, or at least one that's very difficult to track down. Does anyone have experience with them, submitting, etc?
I'm aware of how difficult it would be to get them as an agent but you got to start at the top... :)

Phyllo

Still sitting
Registered
Reaction score
Ms Jackson represents Thomas Pynchon (to whom I believe she's married), Rick Moody and other notable writers.

I did a little online research maybe a month ago re sales (regular sales to top publishers) and didn't find much else beyond the fact she's considered very reputable and seems a good fit for literary fiction. Seemed very solid.

So I sent off a query (no sample pages) by email to: [email protected]

Had a request for the MS from Christina Clifford the next day. That's as far as it's gotten to date. I have a few other fulls out there right now, but I'd say she's one of my top two choices. I'd also be interested in anyone else's experiences. And good luck Merlot!

merlot143

Registered
Reaction score
That's great news! Congratulations.
I'd like to give them a try. I've had preliminary feedback from agents so far, but I'm so impatient, I want to submit ASAP

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Ms Jackson represents Thomas Pynchon (to whom I believe she's married), Rick Moody and other notable writers.

I did a little online research maybe a month ago re sales (regular sales to top publishers) and didn't find much else beyond the fact she's considered very reputable and seems a good fit for literary fiction. Seemed very solid.

So I sent off a query (no sample pages) by email to: [email protected]

Had a request for the MS from Christina Clifford the next day. That's as far as it's gotten to date. I have a few other fulls out there right now, but I'd say she's one of my top two choices. I'd also be interested in anyone else's experiences. And good luck Merlot!

Good luck to you too Phyllo!

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Originally queried this agency back on 12/3/2012, never heard back. Nudged them on 3/3/2013 and got a reply that they did not have a record of receiving it and please resend.

Sent in new query along with a synopsis the same day and just got a reply from a Ms. Clifford that she "is no longer looking for new clients."

Since my query was to the agency in general I assume this is a no from the entire agency?