Dan.D.Walker's is hep on becoming a customer service rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugwort

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.societyfordaintydamsels.com
Dandy Delbert Walker swaggered into the interview office looking as confident as a college student who knew all the exam‘s answers. He felt so eager to become a customer service representative. He said under his breath I hope my raw umber corduroy jacket and pale lime green will impress the interviewers. . My snug clothes definitely ,especially my pressed wool charcoal pants emphasize my rugged build. "It is a much better to be tight in my control than loose in my lips. Some how tight clothes make me feel more secure. His formal tan leather boots shined so much one could see one’s face reflected in them.

Inside it was an entirely situation. Dan. D. Walker felt as certain of himself as a student who forgot to study for the exam. He hoped by acting cocksure, the feeling would somehow rub off on him. Soon he knew he would find out how his psychology worked.

The office he entered was rather simple. There were couple wood chairs and a floor lamp. There was a large wooden desk. On top of it was the much needed equipment for an efficient business. There were a few family photos on the desk. Behind it was a stern looking young woman who reminded him of one of those school marms from his high school days. The ones who wanted their male pupils to wear suits. he girls in frilly feminine dresses. Someone who insisted on convention Somebody who expected one to tow the status quo. It was clear he better do the same.

The woman gave him a smile as true as boots made of plastic being passed off as authentic snake skin. Walker figured it was smart to just go with the flow. There was a rhythm to the situation. He would simply answer her questions it was a delicate balance between saying too little or too much. Too little he feared would make him look dense. Conversely said too much and being tagged as someone who overly revealed himself. With that sentiment in mind he entered into one of the most important encounters of his life.

The stern looking woman signaled him to sit down. He knew he should wait for her to talk first. He did not need to wait long. "How are you today?" she said in an icy tone. Daniel D. Walker realized it was a trick question. If he was honest he’d say he was as comfortable as a pig in a bacon factory. "I'm pleased to be here." His reply was not totally dishonest. He prided himself on being honest yet not so much to endanger his chances of obtaining work.

"Why do you want to be a customer service representative.” Dandy did some thinking trying to prep a good response. It wasn’t easy thinking on his feet. A few minutes later he replied "Being a customer service representative was a dream as long as I can recall. It is such a fond memory my mom and dad in a local department store being helped by a customer service representative. Its my goal to help customers as much as I can. My nature is to help people. I couldn't before because of my speech impediment. Fortunately I received diction lessons from a wonderful woman near Bryn Mawr PA. That's that upper class area near Philadelphia, PA. This position would give me the opportunity from rich society matrons and their husbands to everyday people. Without all them there fancy book learning in some ivy league university with ivy growing on it.”

Walker looked for any sign from her expression. She was as stone faced as a bust. He thought the interview was going bust. She replied "I see you think rather highly of this work. In all my interviewing I never met anyone as zealous as you. That experience in the store certainly left an impression on you. Tell me what was so special that day?"
"It bought tears to my eyes realizing how kind and thoughtful one could be. It is a lasting memory"
"I see" she responded. "Now tell me your worst fault." He knew the trick was to turn a vice into a virtue. “Impatience I can’t wait a single cotton picking minute to get started as a customer service representative." The interviewer's expression told him she heard better answers. The woman thanked him for his time and summoned in the next person to be interviewed. Dan D. Walker walked out not knowing what to expect. He just knew it wasn’t a shoe in,

2nd interview was an office at a real estate firm. The office was spacious with modern casual furniture It looked much more like a rec room than a business office. The Texan figured it was an advertisement for their realty business. He saw a sign on the wall “My father is in the realty business. I am in the reality business. Poet Delmore Schwartz. The man liked the quirky cleverness of the quote. It was reminding him work is a part of life. It isn’t its entire existence. The word s on the plaque made him feel somewhat more relaxed. The relaxation made him feel more confident. “

The interviewer was a middle aged man who dressed conservatively in a navy blue suit that looked European designed. His wore a coordinated tie. His lime hued shirt bought out his green eyes. His complexion was ruddy and his features somewhat boyish. He reminded Dandy of a mischievous boy playing grown up.

The man looked straight at the interviewee and asked him why should he be hired. Walker realized it was time to sell himself. Looking and acting confident was essential. A little swagger might help too. The Texan stood up, erect and moved his arm from the wrist toward the interviewer. Dan. D. Walker’s palm was face up. It was a gesture of drawing the man in yet in a no threatening friendly manner. Than he leaned somewhat forward.
“I think your company should hire me because I am dedicated to helping my customers as much as humanly possible. I was raised on a little farm in a backwoods town in Texas. I remember helping my mama with the customers who bought our produce. I was so proud of myself dealing with all kinds of folks and being able to deal with them. Yes I am experienced from being knee high to a grasshopper being experienced with most anyone. “

He never mentioned that his parents needed to translate what he was telling the customers. He figured that little fact didn’t need to be known. Now thanks to Lady Lynda Mae Hoffenfetter Toze he could easily talk so people could understand him. That sure was important in being a customer service rep.

When he got done answering the question he studied the man’s facial expression and body language for any clues on how his response was received. The conservatively dressed man simply wanly smiled. He then without missing a beat questioned him once more. This time the query was what do you like regarding CSR.

"I like helping people and I know from real experiences I sure can"
The man stood up from his desk, shook Walker’s hand and then wished him well.

The next interview was at the main office of the local major airport. There were quite a few airplanes in various stages of taking off on the runways. Business officials traveling to conferencs, families on vacations, young couples on honeymoons and others on their way to their destinations. The one thing in common with each of them was their eagerness to get there on time.

“What do you think a typical day is like here?” Dandy gathered his thoughts. "A typical day would be extremely busy. Men and women eager to board their flights as smoothly as possible. Business executives especially wanting to on their planes in a timely manner. In fact he commented Most execs were in a terrific rush. Time was at the absolute essence. He told the man It would be essential for customer service representative to guide the folks to their respective airline

The man interviewing him smiled and said you told enough. You’re hired.

mugwort

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.societyfordaintydamsels.com
Here is my revised version.

Dandy Delbert Walker swaggered into the interview office looking as confident as a college student who knew all the exam‘s answers. He felt so eager to become a customer service representative. He said under his breath I hope my raw umber corduroy jacket and pale lime green will impress the interviewers. I like ho my snug clothes emphasize my rugged build. Some how tight clothes make me feel more secure

Inside it was an entirely situation. Dan. D. Walker felt as certain of himself as a student who forgot to study for the exam. He hoped by acting cocksure, the feeling would somehow rub off on him. Soon he knew he would find out how his psychology worked.

The office he entered was rather simple. There wer wood chairs, a floor lamp. There was a wooden desk with some family photos. Behind it was a woman who reminded him of one of those school marms. The ones who wanted their male pupils to wear suits. The girls in frilly feminine dresses. Someone who insisted on convention Somebody who expected one to be as proper as possible. It was clear he better do the same.

The woman signaled him to sit down. He knew he should wait for her to talk first. He did not need to wait long. "How are you?" she said icily. Walker felt it was a trick question. If he was honest he’d say he was as comfortable as a pig in a bacon factory. "I'm pleased to be here." he replied. He prided himself on being honest yet not so much to endanger his chances of obtaining work.

"Why do you want to be a customer service representative.” Dandy did some thinking to prep a good response. A few minutes later he replied "My nature is to help people. I couldn't before because of my speech impediment. Fortunately I received diction lessons from a wonderful woman near Bryn Mawr PA. This position would give me the opportunity to help everyone from rich society matrons and their husbands to everyday people Aw shucks I just loving being helping folks"

Walker saw her expression was as stone faced as a bust. He thought the interview was going bust. She replied "I see you think rather highly of this work. In all my interviewing I never met anyone as zealous as you. That experience in the store certainly left an impression on you.

"Now tell me your worst fault." He knew the trick was to turn a vice into a virtue. “Impatience I can’t wait a single cotton picking minute to get started as a customer service representative." The interviewer's expression told him she heard better answers. The woman thanked him for his time and summoned in the next person to be interviewed. Dan D. Walker walked out not knowing what to expect. He just knew it wasn’t a shoe in,

2nd interview was an office at a real estate firm. It looked much more like a rec room than a business office. The Texan figured it was an advertisement for their realty business. He was somewhat more at ease than his previous interview. He was thanful for that “

The interviewer was a middle aged man who dressed conservatively in a navy blue suit that looked European designed. His wore a coordinated tie. His lime hued shirt bought out his green eyes. His complexion was ruddy and his features somewhat boyish. He reminded Dandy of a mischievous boy playing grown up.

The man looked straight at the man. "Why should I hire you? Walker realized he should sell himself. Looking and acting confident was essential. A little swagger might help too. The Texan sat erect in his chair. Than he leaned somewhat forward.
“I think your company should hire me because I am dedicated to helping my customers as much as humanly possible. I was raised on a little farm in in the backwoods of Pflugerville in Texas. I remember helping my mama with the customers who bought our produce. I was so proud of myself dealing with all kinds of folks. Yes I am experienced from being knee high to a grasshopper being experienced with most anyone. “

When he got done answering the question he studied the man’s facial expression and body language for any clues on how his response was received. The conservatively dressed man simply wanly smiled. He then without missing a beat questioned him once more. This time the query was what do you like regarding CSR.

"I like helping people and I know from real experiences I sure can"
The man stood up from his desk, shook Walker’s hand and then wished him well.

The next interview was at the main office of the local major airport. There were quite a few airplanes in various stages of taking off on the runways. Business officials traveling to conferences, families on vacations, young couples on honeymoons and others on their way to their destinations. The one thing in common with each of them was their eagerness to get there on time.

“What do you think a typical day is like here?” Dandy gathered his thoughts. "A typical day would be extremely busy. Men and women eager to board their flights as smoothly as possible. Business executives especially wanting to on their planes in a timely manner. In fact he commented Most execs were in a terrific rush. Time was at the absolute essence. He told the man It would be essential for customer service representative to guide the folks to their respective airline

The man interviewing him smiled and said you told enough. You’re hired.

TimSenese

Registered
Reaction score
In the second paragraph, you should use a different metaphor than a student being prepared/not prepared for class. Mix it up.

Brush up the grammar a little bit too. Needs some more punctuation and work on the quotes.

But the biggest thing I can say is, show, don't tell! For example, you said, " Dandy did some thinking to prep a good response."

You could have said, "Dandy began to think and sweat through the awkward silence as he felt the interview's eyes quietly judge him. After 25 minutes, he responded, "Blah etc etc..."

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

But, you are depriving a whole lot of people a whole lot of enjoyment by posting it here instead of the 'Share Your Work' forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.