Salutations from NW Wyoming

Margarita

Waltzes with Wapitis
Registered
Reaction score
Of all the things I do as a writer I hate writing my bio the most. My southern upbringing (a lady is always reticent about herself) vies with business advice (if you don't market yourself no one will) and it is usually easiest for me to leave the room while they battle it out.

I started writing seriously at the age of nine with modest to moderate success depending on the year. My goal for 2013 is to attain better than moderate success. My passion is for fiction; my nonfiction consistently sells better. For the past couple of years I've worked on my photography skills to make my work more attractive to publishers.

I look forward to getting to know the members of Water Cooler.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Margarita. What's a nice girl like you doing in a wild town like Cody?

My dad was born over the Bighorns in Buffalo. I'm from north of you in Big Timber, Montana. Love your part of Wyoming.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. :welcome: to the Water Cooler!

Margarita

Waltzes with Wapitis
Registered
Reaction score
Well, hey, Chase. Only I'm not in Cody (thank goodness for small miracles); I'm north of there about half a mile from the Montana border.

Thank you all for the welcomes!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you hear a rumbling near Yellowstone, run.

mugwort

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.societyfordaintydamsels.com
Hi Margarita Here's hoping this forum is helpful to you. The closest I got to WY is staying at the "Caribou Ranch" in Boulder CO. Boulder is where Celestial Seasoning is manufactured. We had all the Celestial Seasoning we wanted.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Frannie!

When I was a senior at Eastern Montana College in Billings (before you were born), the closest Coors outlet was the border town of Frannie, Wyoming.

Sigma Nu beer runs--what memories!

Again, welcome to the water Coors cooler.

Margarita

Waltzes with Wapitis
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you! How nice to meet you all.

Seriously doubt you have many years on me if any, Chase. I was born the year the polio vaccine was fully approved by the FDA. ;) I adore Frannie, by the way. My son rode in a rodeo there a time or two.

Mugwort, Boulder is still the land of Celestial Seasonings; a friend occasionally ends me care packages, though I prefer REAL tea to herbal.

Alleycat, if Yellowstone rumbles I am pretty much at ground zero with no place to run. May as well sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

AndrewS

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Margarita, Welcome to the group. I also just joined. This is my first reply to another post. Couldn't resist since NY Wyoming is one of the places on Earth that are close to heaven. I used to live in Jackson and also worked out of Sheridan, the Powder River Country, Afton, and across the border in Roundup, Montana.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

We have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Margarita!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Wyomingite from my tiny mountain burg--where it's not paradise, but I can see it from here!

See you 'round the boards.

Margarita

Waltzes with Wapitis
Registered
Reaction score
What lovely greetings! Thank you. And look at all the folks with connections to Wyoming; I'm so happy to meet you. Andrew, how nice that my hello from you is your first post- welcome to you as well!

I've read the newbie stuff; I am a long time moderator (about ten years now) on another forum and I made a special effort to get to know the rules here before coming online. I don't think I've broke any yet.

I'm not looking for critiques but it's good to know they are available after fifty posts. Since I write easier than I talk I tend to be pretty loquacious once I get started. I passed the 10,000 mark on the dance forum and that is after we got hacked in 2006. Think I'm somewhere around 6500 on the biker forum. Don't run screaming into the night, though: I'll try to be a little less verbose here.