Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Beau to Beau Publishing

Beau to Beau Publishing

Any information on this LGBT print and e-book publisher? I'm not sending them anything, I'm just doing research on a related matter and BtoB's name came up.

Link: http://www.beautobeau.com/

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    The cover gay and straight fiction by the look of it. I have never seen in of their books in store.
    Emily Veinglory

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    Well, the website banner is certainly unique - covers adorned with the words "title" and "author's name"!

From the site:

We do not offer advances; however, we do pay royalties on sales from our distributors approximately 30 days after the end of each quarter. Beau to Beau Books pays 50% net on royalties earned for e-book and paperback sales.

Before reading further, if you would like to become your own publisher of e-books, it is not difficult to do so. With a little time and the spirit of an entrepreneur, you can start your own on-line business, whether it be e-books or another passion. If your passion is writing, you can very easily place your own works in any or all of the distribution outlets listed below. If you would like a detailed "How-To" summary of how this can be accomplished, please e-mail us at info@beautobeau.com.

For Our Authors:

Beau to Beau Books provides the following services to authors:

Cover Art
    Editing and Proofreading
    ISBN for your book
    Inclusion in any and all Marketing Campaigns
    Distribution to on-line Bookstores
    The above services are at no cost to the author.

Distributors:

Beau to Beau Books distributes books to the following:

The Apple iBookstores
    Barnes & Noble
    The Amazon Kindle Stores
    Coffeetime Romance
    BookStrand
    All Romance ebooks
    Rainbow ebooks (if applicable)
    Sony Reader Store
    Kobo ebooks
    Print Books are listed on Amazon and Createspace.

http://www.beautobeau.com/Submissions.html
    I'm puzzled by the handy hint about starting up your own e-pub business. I'm also puzzled by BtB's concept of distribution.

Up all night to get Loki Jersey Chick's Avatar
    in the state of carefully controlled chaos
    There's definitely some odd stuff on that site. It looks like another one I'd pass over.
    "Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional." ~ scarletpeaches

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website

Thanks, folks.

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

Hagiographically Advantaged AW Moderator HapiSofi's Avatar
    Yeah, that's a little odd. They say they can get books into B&N, but they're charging for their pre-press and packaging work as though it's all optional extras, which doesn't fit if they've got a standard distribution deal. If they don't have one, they can only get books into B&N the way Publish America does it: if you give your local B&N a pre-paid special order for the book, they'll procure a copy for you.
    Winner of the Best Drycleaner on the Block Award.

Those covers on the top are premade covers I've seen on various cover designers' websites. When you click on the links on the left, GLBT for example, there are book covers and blurbs, but the links to buy the ebook or print book aren't clickable. So if you see a book you think you'd want to buy, you have to go to one of the vendor sites, allromance etc. and then do a search for author or title and by that stage you've probably lost a reader! Would it be that hard to link where the titles are for sale?

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    Many of our self-published members use "distribution" to mean "getting your books listed at various websites" and if you check out the websites of some of the self publishing service providers (ahem) you'll see that service offered as "distribution". It looks to me as though Beau to Beau is using that same definition of the term.

It's not distribution as I understand it.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    In '14, added Love Lit Press imprint for mainstream romance.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: