Best blog site for stories?

laroche

Registered
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm trying to get back into writing, and I realize that a blog would be a good way to share some stories. But I'm also realizing that blogger ain't the best (I have a draft of a novel; posting by chapters is proving difficult; blogger wants to keep everything reverse chronological, blah blah blah).

Is there any consensus out there that "_____" is the best site/format to post stories/novels, etc?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it's possible to make your posts on Blogger appear in any order you like; and it's probably wise to produce some sort of index thread which would sort all that out for you anyway.

I'm going to move this to our blogging room, as it's probably a better fit there than it is here, in e-publishing.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm trying to get back into writing, and I realize that a blog would be a good way to share some stories. But I'm also realizing that blogger ain't the best (I have a draft of a novel; posting by chapters is proving difficult; blogger wants to keep everything reverse chronological, blah blah blah).

1. Create the posts.

2. use the Publish feature that lets you assign a date and time for each post to be published.

Create a Page in blogger with an index/link to each post in reading order.

Make sure that each post has a link to the index page at the end of each post.

See: http://thecityofroses.com

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
People who follow blog novels will expect it to work like a blog. In other words, they'll expect the newest post at the top of the page to be a later chapter. They won't expect to see chapter one in that spot. What you're seeing as a negative is how blogs work.

If you're not intending to spread out posting the chapters, you'd be better off putting the complete file somewhere and letting people download. If you're going to use a blog for it, embrace the bloginess.

laroche

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback! I'll tinker around with blogger some more and see if I can get it to do what I want it to do. I look forward to reading more in this "blog" section too!

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I used to use Livejournal for posting stories. I like the community on there.