• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Limitless Publishing

ReaderGurl

Registered
Reaction score
I've obviously missed the thread where any authors we're bashed. I do believe my post from yesterday actually stated I wished no ill will to any LP author.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
We have a couple of people posting here who apparently thought they'd create sockpuppet accounts.

You know who you are.

We've deleted those extra accounts. I don't care which side of this kerfuffle you're defending: Do it again, and you'll get banned.

Last edited:

ReaderGurl

Registered
Reaction score
Just an FYI. I'm not Erica or Katelynn. Nor am I one of "their band of groupies" as you like to call them.

You obviously know what has occurred between LP and them. Maybe they should be the one seeking legal consultant since LP has talked about their business with another author. That's probably not legal.

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Who was called out? I mentioned successful authors to give readers of this thread as frame of reference for the talent the company's produced. I'm happy for your success, but Limitless hasn't produced bestselling talent after you and from the way their business is now run, probably never will.

I've often wondered if those big shot authors got special perks from sticking with the company. I'm not going to make claims I can't prove, but it is interesting to see them rush to Limitless' "defense" like this, though I'm not entirely sure how the company is being "defended."

Why not instead of threatening lawsuits, you address the legitimate claims I've brought up?

Last edited:

KateLynne

Registered
Reaction score
First of all,
I don't need to hide behind a fake name. I have nothing to hide in fact. I have my own personal issues with Limitless Publishing, as Jennifer is well aware of. I have not posted one single time about it, however, in this thread because I have bigger to fish to fry. I am Kate Lynne and also K.Pinson, two author names both with Limitless Publishing. I have been an Author with them since 2013, well before Erica had ever even thought of going with them. So I don't know where you go about calling me her follower. But before you post the supposed problems that I have with Limitless Publishing, why don't you message me, whoever you are and I will tell you the God's honest truth. Instead of this hearsay that you must be getting straight from the horse's mouth, considering I have yet to post anything about my discrepancies on social media... I am glad that authors are happy with Limitless, I wish success to ALL authors and am more than encouraging to all my fellow coworkers. I have not said a single solitary bad thing about ANY limitless author, I have stood behind them all and will continue to do so. My issues are not with them but with the company itself. Clearly, you don't know me and have ZERO grounds to put my name on this thread. So again...whoever you are...i'm assuming you're probably on my friends list...feel free to come talk to me like an adult and not behind a computer screen and i'd be glad to clear up all these rumors. The band groupies part did give me a laugh though, thank you for that.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
But what I find quite humorous about this thread is you say that it is a place to vent you issues rgarding Limitless BUT you seem to jump all over those that have even a small amount of nice things to say. You want to ATTACK anyone the moment they try to express anything even if it is the smallest compliment to LP but if someone wants to bash them they are your best pals.
Are you talking about kjannsen (or whatever his name is)?

He wasn't "attacked" because he dared to say something nice. He said he liked Limitless... then another poster complained about Limitless... and in response, he called her a liar and a spoiled child.

Again, congrats on your success. You had a good experience with your publisher. Good for you.

Last edited:

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I've obviously missed the thread where any authors we're bashed. I do believe my post from yesterday actually stated I wished no ill will to any LP author.
I haven't seen such posts either. The people critical of Limitless have all pretty much stated that they acknowledge that there are happy authors, but that there seem to be a lot of red flags - and dissatisfied authors. The tone may have got a bit condescending every now and then, but that's nothing in comparison to what critics got from the opposition.

KateLynne

Registered
Reaction score
Furthermore I'd love to add, that I know who you are and I find it very sad and disheartening that Limitless would allow one of their employees to trash talk one of their Authors on a public forum and call them out by name. I can prove that this is the only screen name I have posted from on this thread,Whether that be looking up emails used or IP addresses or however people do that. Therefore you are bringing my situation to light on social media, a situation that you should have no knowledge of being that I have not posted it anywhere publicly. I feel even more harassed and uncomfortable working with this company now. If anyone has grounds for legal action, it certainly isn't you.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Inoullhavesumthin2sa, do you have a source that you could link to that highlights this dispute with Erica & Kate v Limitless? :) It's always best to offer a link to show your source.

I knew when I created this account that backlash would come my way from ERICA CHRISTENSEN AND KATELYNN PINSON..... and their band groupies.

KateLynne

Registered
Reaction score
No, She doesn't. Because all of what has happened between Limitless and I, has been said via email directly to Jennifer. Never in a public forum or anywhere on social media.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
When authors start discussing publishers and the publishers join in the conversation, there's usually only two ways the conversation can go.

1) The publisher realizes this is a business forum, provides clear concise answers, relishes the chance to smooth over misunderstandings, and basically leaves here with people lining up to submit stuff to them.

2) The publisher believes this is an attack forum, talks down to the authors here, threatens vague legal actions, sends employees/friends/friendly authors to come attack the "unbelievers" and basically drives away any possible good will they could have generated here.

One group is professional.

One group is amateurish.

I'll leave it up to you to decide which is which, but again I'll put in a plug for Cao's Index. Please, please, go through it. See how various publishers have acted when they've come here and then see how many of the first group are still blue and how many of the second are gray and wonder to yourself if there is not some correlation there.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Echoing Richard's post and to add my own thoughts:

The Internet is forever. Or darned close.

All of these posts, ALL of them, will be around for years. Even if you delete them right now it's possible to retrieve them with a deep Google search.

Keep that in mind. Because when someone does a search for this publisher it's very likely they'll be directed to this thread and make up their mind based on the maturity level of discussion here.

Right now, and it's only my opinion - major fail on all fronts.

Just a comment.

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
I fully agree with Richard. Which is why I didn't want to put information out there that someone wouldn't be able to verify from a source other than simply my word, though even mentioning Limitless' lawsuit threats has at least some evidence that can be backed up since their own "happy authors" have done the same thing.

Limitless has said these claims are untrue. Let's look at their response to some of the issues I've raised.

Limitless' marketing team is a major conflict of interest since its employees run a paid blog tour service that authors are encouraged to use = silence.

Limitless has had successful authors, but no new ones since 2013 = silence.

Limitless is asked by several posters here about the qualifications of its staff = silence.

I also think it's very concerning that Inoullhavesumthin2sa knows information of private conversations between Limitless and some of its unhappy authors.

ReaderGurl

Registered
Reaction score
And those pesky screenshots. ;-)

Echoing Richard's post and to add my own thoughts:

The Internet is forever. Or darned close.

All of these posts, ALL of them, will be around for years. Even if you delete them right now it's possible to retrieve them with a deep Google search.

Keep that in mind. Because when someone does a search for this publisher it's very likely they'll be directed to this thread and make up their mind based on the maturity level of discussion here.

Right now, and it's only my opinion - major fail on all fronts.

Just a comment.

readwritelearn

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe my facts are wrong, but I think LP has had successful authors since 2013. In fact, an author mentioned in this thread didn't publish with LP until March of this year. Likewise, another mentioned here signed with LP in 2014. Besides these two, I've seen a number of the books published with LP this year get very favorable ratings on Amazon (and not just during sales). By favorable, I mean 5k and below.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Richard has pretty much nailed it to the garage wall. Especially the publisher archives--those who have endured successfully and those who had no business publishing in the first place. And, BTW, Richard White is more than qualified to speak on this subject. I' sure he deals with it every day in one form or another.

kjanssen

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I'm taking a day off from writing and decided I would update you on my experience with Limitless Publishing.

This is the third publisher that I have worked with and they are far in a way, the best. I have had the best support for my novel and can credit their management and marketing teams for its success.

All previous banter aside, I wish no ill to any author. This is a tough vocation; I wish you all the best.

If you are new to writing, check out Limitless. My first contact with them was earlier this year. The successful release of my book and subsequent promotion (at no charge to me) has been phenomenal.

All I can say is, check them out.

Ken Janssen

Last edited:

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your info, Ken.

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
To my knowledge triceretops, no Limitless author has an agent. I didn't try to negotiate anything with my contract, but didn't really see any "issues" either. I did hear a story that someone was booted from their facebook over asking a question about an agent, but I haven't personally spoken to the author in question.

Ken, can you elaborate on the "phenomenal" marketing?

kjanssen

Registered
Reaction score
Ken, can you elaborate on the "phenomenal" marketing?[/QUOTE]

"There are more things in heaven and earth, my dear Lady, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
The business dealings between a writer and his publisher are confidential. Just know, once again, that there was no expenditure on my part.

My very best to you, Lady.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Ken, can you elaborate on the "phenomenal" marketing?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, my dear Lady, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
The business dealings between a writer and his publisher are confidential. Just know, once again, that there was no expenditure on my part.

My very best to you, Lady.[/QUOTE]
Marketing methods in a general sense shouldn't be a breach of confidentiality?

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
This says it all for Limitless. There's a rather long pattern on this thread of happy Limitless authors being unable to provide any substantive reasons for their satisfaction whereas the unhappy authors have a long list of verifiable reasons for their displeasure.

Ken, pointing out that you didn't have to pay for anything isn't a big plus at all. You shouldn't have to and that certainly doesn't make it phenomenal.

Your words tell a much different story than a simple google search does.

Your book, Siblings (which I wouldn't bring up here normally, but you've plugged it here already so that door is open), has a low Amazon ranking and very few reviews. How is this phenomenal?

There's been next to no press anywhere. It was offered for free earlier this month which doesn't appear to have had any effect on your paid ranking. Is this is the phenomenal marketing that you're talking about?

kjanssen

Registered
Reaction score
Once more, dear Lady,

Not everything shows up for your curious eyes to view.

If I wasn't satisfied, there is no incentive for me to say so. Quit prying and do some writing. It will be much more rewarding.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Except, you cannot expect people to believe you or take your opinion into consideration - which you clearly want by defending LP - when you don't give them any reasons to. You can't counter criticism with "They're great". If you want to defend something, you'll have to allow people to understand why it is great. I'd thought as a published author, you would know how criticism works. Not "It's shit!" - "Nuh-uh!".