• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Limitless Publishing

ReaderGurl

Registered
Reaction score
Limitless Publishing is a joke! They are the most unprofessional group of individuals I've ever come in contact with. They have so many unhappy authors it's almost mind boggling that the word hasn't gotten out. It's like the blind leading the blind over there. They claim to have professional marketers, professional editors. I've yet to see anything professional come out of that company.

And, don't you dare question a single one of their decisions. You'll get a snide email response from their "CEO" Jennifer. She does everything in her power to give you the run around. It's a game of bait and switch with her. When she's done with you. She ignores you. Will not respond to emails. Blocks you from their "secret" Facebook group. Yeah, that's the mature thing to do to an author you're making money off of.

They claim to invest thousands of dollars into each of the books. I say, "Show me the receipts." Books are riddled with errors due to poor editing. Their company motto should be "Pass the buck." Because that's what they do. It's never anyone's fault. They place blame on everyone but themselves.

So, if you're considering becoming a Limitless Author, I suggest you take their joke of a contract to a lawyer. Have them look it over and then make your decision.

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to add a little to Filigree's spot on comment, "I'm just going to make a glitzy GIF of Filigree's Rule and apply it generically to all these little author mills scavenging off twitter pitches."

I thought arrogance was the predominant factor behind Limitless making its own contest, but I think I was wrong. While I don't doubt that Jennifer thinks very highly of herself, it's clear they made #pit2LP to keep the mill going.

Which is sad. We know why author mills operate the way they do, but when I signed, it didn't look like an author mill. I did my homework and saw that a few of their older books had over 100 reviews. They used to care about their authors, but now it appears that they only care about signing as many people as possible.

I assume many will read this thread because they've googled Limitless and are thinking about signing. Lucky for you, most of this stuff is now apparent. You can read the reviews for their new books and see the sloppy errors. Following their Facebook page and see they churn out more books than any small press could possibly handle. You can also talk to the authors, but be sure to be specific. Ask them what Limitless does for them as a business beyond a release day Facebook post. Many will tell you what a great community it is. That's not a reason to sign with a publisher. You can find great author communities in many places on the internet.

Jennifer is like President Snow from the Hunger Games. She wants you to think she cares, until you ask a question. Then you're blocked and banned like you never existed. She's done this to several authors.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Just an FYI for anyone on this thread. Many of these facts are hilarious and not true (many facts regarding these authors have obviously not been revealed or people reading this thread may have a very different opinion). But anyone can go on the internet at anytime and post things that are not true. Trying to tarnish someones reputation as a form of acting out. Especially when someone is doing so anonymously. (How easy is that?) Most publishers sign many authors or they would simply not be in the publishing business. They would, in fact, go out of business. There are a couple of disgruntled authors on here, but two disgruntled authors do not speak for the hundreds of happy authors we have. That being said we still wish those two authors good luck in everything they do. We will keep signing authors, and we will keep improving every year. Just as we have been doing. As a final note, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. :hooray:

Which bits specifically are "hilarious and not true"?

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone on this thread. Many of these facts are hilarious and not true (many facts regarding these authors have obviously not been revealed or people reading this thread may have a very different opinion). But anyone can go on the internet at anytime and post things that are not true. Trying to tarnish someones reputation as a form of acting out. Especially when someone is doing so anonymously. (How easy is that?) Most publishers sign many authors or they would simply not be in the publishing business. They would, in fact, go out of business. There are a couple of disgruntled authors on here, but two disgruntled authors do not speak for the hundreds of happy authors we have. That being said we still wish those two authors good luck in everything they do. We will keep signing authors, and we will keep improving every year. Just as we have been doing. As a final note, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. :hooray:
If there are factual problems with these user's posts, then you are free to point them out.

Thanks for joining us. Your post says a lot about your attitude and your level of professionalism.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Here's is the complete old marketing sheet from Limitless, which shows that they do push for that stuff.

"Marketing Sheet for Authors Here are 3 marketing tips that some of our most successful book launches have had incommon. The authors did the following in advance:
1) Scheduled a Cover Reveal.
2) Scheduled a Release Day Blitz/Promo.
3) Scheduled 3 back-to-back book tours.

I write for a small pub who did expect authors to contribute to promo. I've scheduled a Cover Reveal (although a few years down the line now, the publisher now handles these); I've scheduled interviews etc close to release day (although the publisher now handles these, along with paperback/ebook giveaways, paid ads etc (as with all new authors they have)). In the three years I've been doing this, I've never been asked to pay for any promo, though. I always went into this with the advice that money comes back to the author, it doesn't shift away.

I broke that rule this year, purely because I wanted to try a different approach. For my latest release coming out in December, I arranged a photo shoot to require full rights to photos to use as memes on the likes on facebook, Goodreads etc (photos with quotes). But that kind of promo was done three years down the line, where I have some revenue behind me, are on good terms with review sites etc, but for which my publisher said they'd pay for and send to their cover artists to apply the quotes etc. As I wanted the rights in my name to keep for future book trailers etc, I declined and paid myself. And this was only done because stock sites don't allow exclusive rights for this kind of promo.

I don't really see much use in book tours, to be honest, not for an unknown. A 'tip-list' of blog tours from the publisher does suggest endorsement of paying for promo, and if an author hasn't even yet earned any revenue to cover the cost, it can be a turn off.

Unless, of course, Limitless is offering to pay for these tours themselves and it applies to all authors, not just the bestsellers?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'm a nobody, and I have found blog tours to be basically useless. I've been in two tours this year for a three-year-old book, and sold almost nothing out of them. More sales come from publisher's tweets and my passive advertising through my fanfiction site. I'll be doing a blog tour for a new book in Jan/Feb, but I am honestly not expecting many sales from it.

Limitless has a few books with very good sales, good for them. I hope that translates to sales for most of the authors.

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Granted, some bits of my posts are hilarious. It's hilarious that Limitless' own employees run a blog tour company that authors are encouraged to pay for. This thread is littered in Jennifer's various conflicts of interests. Review teams, editorial consulting, it goes on and on. She seems to be the best at tarnishes

It's also hilarious that Limitless is defending its author mill antics as a way to stay in business. Signing hundreds of authors is only a way to stay in business if you don't care about the success of your authors and only want to make a small profit off the copies they'll order for their family and friends.

Having hundreds of authors is not a positive, especially for a small press. It shows, even before you examine the horrible editing, that Limitless is an author mill. It's not a real publisher.

Jennifer knows why I'm being anonymous. It's so her lawyer doesn't send me a cease and desist order like the other authors in this "big happy family."

I came here to show Limitless' true colors. It appears they've done that themselves. Do yourself a favor, don't make the same mistake I did.

Last edited:

ReaderGurl

Registered
Reaction score
So is it not true that you have blocked signed Limitless authors from "secret" Limitless group? Is it not true that many books are littered with errors and they are still up for sale and you know this? Is it not true that you refuse to show any of the authors signed under Limitless their actual sales from Amazon or other book seller. That you give a pathetic Limitless created spreadsheet and when an author questions this you belittle them with snarky comments?

Are those some the things you're speaking about?

FYI We are not tarnishing Limitless' reputation you are doing a fine job all by yourself.

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
LOL! We know you wish to getting into a contest of throwing stones (and believe me we have plenty of stones to throw), but that's not our style. We hope you find peace and happiness. Maybe you need guys need a *hug* :Hug2:

Or you could address the complaints levelled in this thread like a business with any modicum of professionalism would? Rather than making snarky passive aggressive comments, that is.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Unless there has been a new edition since July 2015, Used would smash everyone's doubts about editing quality in favor of what I and others have said. That being said, I am not bashing the author. While writing to one's best ability is every author's job, editing to their best ability is the publisher's.

I agree with what everyone's saying. LLP's responses are beyond unprofessional and, while I'm sure they're an attempt of condescension and feigned superiority, make them look worse than our criticism could ever.

LimitlessPublishing

Registered
Reaction score
Actually it would be very unprofessional of us to state things about authors who are with or are no longer with our company. That would be the easy thing to do since this thread is very one sided and you are only getting one very "tainted" side of a story.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. So let me get this straight. You come into an author forum where some disgruntled authors are complaining about you.

In your opinion, these authors are outright lying.

However, you think talking about the facts or discussing their complaints is "unprofessional."

So instead...

You make fun of their complaints and taunt people.

JetFueledCar

tiny hedgehog
Registered
Reaction score
Honey, we're getting plenty more than one side of the story, and one of the most important (and most damning) ones is coming from you.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Actually it would be very unprofessional of us to state things about authors who are with or are no longer with our company. That would be the easy thing to do since this thread is very one sided and you are only getting one very "tainted" side of a story.

Moving away from authors and complaints, could you give us a little information regard staff experience? There's little information on site. Usually it's the first place I look, just to see what level of experience the staff has. I know you mention some staff are published authors, but what editorial, marketing, design experience etc do they have?

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you need guys need a *hug* :Hug2:

No, we needed you to act like a professional, which never happened.

Jennifer is the only one who's actually told a lie. She said "we will keep improving every year. Just as we have been doing."

This is completely false. As many have noted, they have a few successful titles. Those are all from authors that have been with the company since 2013. J.L. Drake, Kelly Anne Blount, and Apryl Baker have all done very well and I know Limitless invested in their careers. That's why those three are some of the only of Jennifer's supposed "hundreds of authors" who have been with the company for longer than a year. They promoted them, got them reviews, and audiobooks. Baker has a movie deal.

Since then, nadda. They clearly discovered that this sort of success couldn't be easily replicated. Hence, the mill, the poor editing, and the unhappiness. They prop of those authors as a smokescreen to lure people into the trap of thinking they can achieve the same success. If they're going to, it won't be because of Limitless' role.

I haven't said anything in any of my posts that can't be verified by any other source. I did know some of ReaderGurl's information, but didn't want to talk about how Jennifer has tried to sue authors for leaving the company since that's not stuff you can find open on the internet. All I've done is point you to where to look.

That's why she won't respond. It's all true. This is an author mill run by a highly unprofessional woman with no background in publishing.

ReaderGurl

Registered
Reaction score
Tainted! LMFAO The only thing that is tainted is you and your company. Keep up your snarky comments. You're really winning some points here with authors.

ReaderGurl

Registered
Reaction score
The only reason I commented on this thread is to prevent any other authors from making the mistake I did. I wish no ill will towards the authors who are currently signed with LP. If they are happy then more power to them.

But, this company is not out for their author's best interest. They are fueled by greed and it shows by keeping poorly edited books on the market instead of pulling them and having them re-edited. They'd rather sacrifice both the author and their own reputation for money. And that makes me sick.

Reaction score
I am an author.

With that being said, I would like to add a little bit to this thread. What I find very interesting is this has now turned in to a thread where the names of successful authors are being thrown around as if they are to blame. Blaming the success of other authors for your issues may not be the most effective form of attack.

If said authors had an attorney in the wings, maybe one who was willing to band all the mentioned authors above, who is just waiting for a chance to slap a lawsuit for slander or defamation of character, I guess this may be beneficial for those authors whom have been brought into this.

Instead, let’s try this. Take all your complaints and write something great. Put it into a new scenario within your next big seller, and be the one who wins big.

The calling out of those authors who have placed hours upon hours of hard work and time away from their families into their work don’t deserve to be dragged along and blamed for the issues you are having. And it doesn’t make sense to blame those who have tried to find ways to get your book out there more, promoting you. Successful authors spend money upon money to promote themselves, and let me just add, I know this for a fact.

You see, I am one of those authors you have named in the above threads. And I take great offense that you even brought my name into this mess. I have and would have continued to remain neutral on this entire thing, until my name was added. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Each situation is different, but I can assure you that I PAY for all my promotional events. I have from the beginning, and if this mess was worth it, I would upload a copy of the hundreds of dollars I have transferred through PayPal for these events. I have worked my tail off not to just write, but to promote---MYSELF. Limitless has also included extensive promotional additions on their end. But it is a two way street.

I am and have always been happy with Limitless Publishing. Never once have I ever felt as if I was just another author. I have learned so much from their team, things I never knew in the beginning, and I have then taken those things and turned them into success. There has always been a person willing to lead me in the right direction. Every time I have had an issue, which has been very little, they have taken those concerns, and together we have worked toward a solution.

I have known of this thread for a long time and have remained completely neutral, but now that I have been brought into it not by choice, I must add that I do in fact intend to seek legal advice from my very successful and highly eager attorney.

Just be careful of the names you continue to throw around when they don’t deserve your bashing.

May I ask what exactly this is solving? The only thing it is doing is carry out this entire dramatic situation and get uglier and uglier with each post.

Seriously, write a book and prove that you can do it on your own, and quit wasting all this time bashing innocent people that have nothing to do with your issues with the publisher. They are successful why drag their names in to this mess at all. No names outside of the publisher itself should have even been brought in to this mess in any way shape or form, They are individuals and their success should not be called out because you have your issues that you wanted to vent.

Bowing out gracefully is much classier than what this has turned into.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Sigh. Look, I am glad you're doing well at Limitless. You are one of a small group of authors who are. Are any newer Limitless authors selling to that level?

Not that I expect an answer. I will point out that many people on AW *have* published books. And most of those authors provide links to their works.

Last edited:

JetFueledCar

tiny hedgehog
Registered
Reaction score
Honey, no one ever said word one about you, at least not that I read. I'll stand corrected if you come back and quote otherwise, but I'm fairly sure I'm right. Many, many things were said about your publisher. You are not your publisher. If you were, there would be a whole other list of complaints on this thread.

Although I'd love to know where you heard that successful authors spend hundreds or thousands of dollars promoting themselves. How successful is successful, in your book? Can you quote me, say, Stephen King or JKR ever saying they did that? Or maybe Jennifer Lynn Barnes or Tamora Pierce, NYT bestsellers in the young adult world. Really, genuine question. Who exactly told you that successful authors spend money to promote themselves?

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
I am an author.

With that being said, I would like to add a little bit to this thread. What I find very interesting is this has now turned in to a thread where the names of successful authors are being thrown around as if they are to blame. Blaming the success of other authors for your issues may not be the most effective form of attack.

If said authors had an attorney in the wings, maybe one who was willing to band all the mentioned authors above, who is just waiting for a chance to slap a lawsuit for slander or defamation of character, I guess this may be beneficial for those authors whom have been brought into this.

Instead, let’s try this. Take all your complaints and write something great. Put it into a new scenario within your next big seller, and be the one who wins big.

The calling out of those authors who have placed hours upon hours of hard work and time away from their families into their work don’t deserve to be dragged along and blamed for the issues you are having. And it doesn’t make sense to blame those who have tried to find ways to get your book out there more, promoting you. Successful authors spend money upon money to promote themselves, and let me just add, I know this for a fact.

You see, I am one of those authors you have named in the above threads. And I take great offense that you even brought my name into this mess. I have and would have continued to remain neutral on this entire thing, until my name was added. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Each situation is different, but I can assure you that I PAY for all my promotional events. I have from the beginning, and if this mess was worth it, I would upload a copy of the hundreds of dollars I have transferred through PayPal for these events. I have worked my tail off not to just write, but to promote---MYSELF. Limitless has also included extensive promotional additions on their end. But it is a two way street.

I am and have always been happy with Limitless Publishing. Never once have I ever felt as if I was just another author. I have learned so much from their team, things I never knew in the beginning, and I have then taken those things and turned them into success. There has always been a person willing to lead me in the right direction. Every time I have had an issue, which has been very little, they have taken those concerns, and together we have worked toward a solution.

I have known of this thread for a long time and have remained completely neutral, but now that I have been brought into it not by choice, I must add that I do in fact intend to seek legal advice from my very successful and highly eager attorney.

Just be careful of the names you continue to throw around when they don’t deserve your bashing.

May I ask what exactly this is solving? The only thing it is doing is carry out this entire dramatic situation and get uglier and uglier with each post.

Seriously, write a book and prove that you can do it on your own, and quit wasting all this time bashing innocent people that have nothing to do with your issues with the publisher. They are successful why drag their names in to this mess at all. No names outside of the publisher itself should have even been brought in to this mess in any way shape or form, They are individuals and their success should not be called out because you have your issues that you wanted to vent.

Bowing out gracefully is much classier than what this has turned into.
In this forum, we feel it's important to respect each other as writers. If you feel that someone here has said something offensive about you personally, you are welcome to point it out. Down in the left corner of each post (below the poster's avatar) you will see two buttons: a star and a triangle. Click the triangle and you can report posts to the mods.

But honestly, I don't see where you've been insulted. There were some names named above; a poster said they were successful authors who wrote with Limitless. Nothing was said about them beyond that. If you want to point out what you found offensive, I would appreciate it, and so would the mods.

As for the usefulness of this thread:

I don't think it's helpful for a publisher and for authors to sling mud at each other. However, authors need a place to discuss their concerns with each other. The point of this thread is not to have pointless arguments. It's to inform new writers who choose to research Limitless.

I'm glad you had a good publishing experience.

Last edited:

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com

I put my author name behind every post I make, behind every statement I make. I'm glad you're happy with Limitless: there's always authors who are happy with companies as there are always authors who have a rough ride. I'm intelligent enough to balance out the arguments and decide where to go from there. I don't speak for AW or other authors, but I can say that one post made by an author up top did say that Limitless threatened to sue if they're upset. It's also noticeable how the quote above carries the same connotations. That, unfortunately, would be a deciding factor for me.

Reaction score
My name may have only been mentioned once but I AM proud of my success and I have not been with Limitless for a long time but I don't like my name involved in drama for whatever the reasoning is behind it. The call out was not needed. I don't focus on those that are more successfu than me like it seems a certain two authors do...I actually just write and let others worry about themselves.

They recommend you hire HEA to do actual book tours. HENCE the long list of choices we are provided. One of the co-founders of HEA is an LP author herself.
Oh and BTW they have a very outdated and old list of PR companies. Sure would be nice if they provided you with the actual one that is given and not the one they want you to see.
Never once have I felt as an author that I should in any way shape or form be led to use a certain copy just because that said blogger is on a list that has MULTIPLE PR Companies. As far as one being an author herself, well what is actually wrong with that situation?
If we are slinging names her that are not actually part of their issues with limitless that let me add a few.
One of the Said posting parties on this page.... (Erica) Yeah I said it because I know it is you. If I may throw out there that you yourself tried to gain employment with limitless as THE PR MARKETING director but where shot down. So because you didn't get that said position you want to find the wrong in the situation. You and you little follow the leader pal Katelynn have severe issues with limitless fine. But why is it even necessary to throw out names of those who have only been doing PR for the company for a few short months. Your problems stem much deeper than that.
I do understand that you may have issues with the publisher and you are entitled to your opinions and to vent those issues.

But what I find quite humorous about this thread is you say that it is a place to vent you issues rgarding Limitless BUT you seem to jump all over those that have even a small amount of nice things to say. You want to ATTACK anyone the moment they try to express anything even if it is the smallest compliment to LP but if someone wants to bash them they are your best pals.
Way to make people feel welcomed to express their feelings.

The moto should be as long as you play by our rules and jump in line you are welcome to speak your mind...but step to the other side and WATCH OUT because we will band together and you will be sorry you even thought this was a free to speak room.
Well I have never been a follow the leader kind of girl.... so

As my name is titled...
Inoullhavesumthin2sa..... I knew when I created this account that backlash would come my way from ERICA CHRISTENSEN AND KATELYNN PINSON..... and their band groupies.

Last edited:

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
I must add that I do in fact intend to seek legal advice from my very successful and highly eager attorney.

And that attorney will laugh you out of the room. You were called, at worst, successful and well-promoted in this thread.