• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Limitless Publishing

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
No problem and thank you! :) They aren't a brick and mortar store publisher and I knew this from the start. I'm in Australia so although my books will be available in digital and print, most of my existing Australian readers will either order digital or online (for print books) anyway. They are a digital publisher so I expected this from the start.
As for marketing and promo, they do giveaways on social media, tweet your book, etc, the usual stuff Indie pubs do for their authors. I'll obviously do what I can too. I planned my own book launches (at a local bookstore) for my HQN books and they were a great success, so I feel I can handle that part myself. Actually, I prefer to arrange my own appearances and/or signings as I'm a little bit of a control freak and do not like to feel obliged to participate in events I'm not comfortable with.
But the most important job of the writer is to write, so I tend to focus on writing 85% and promote with the other 15% :)

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am not really sure how being in Australia relates to the issue, I know for example that many of the very top selling conventionally published romance authors right now are Australian. It really is not a limitation now that all publishers communicate mainly by email. You must know this as a Harlequin author?

If your experience with this press is great that is great. I publish mainly with small presses and have not prejudice against that approach. But you seem to be suggesting some thing limit your choices that I am not sure are such a big deal?

Last edited:

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Limitless' promotion is limited to a cover reveal, release day plug, and then sporadic automated tweets for only a few of the authors. No giveaways and no b&m presence. They do not seem like print books at all.

You will not get much marketing support, which to be fair is pretty standard.

The Suspense Author

Registered
Reaction score
Their site says they don't offer advances. You'd think after getting bigger that they would offer larger advances not eliminate them?

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Author mills don't do advances. There's a reason most of their longtime authors now self publish or went to other publishers.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
And yet, I just heard from someone on another writing site that 'a friend of hers' got an acceptance letter from them, and was wanting to know more about them. The poster even noted that there wasn't much about Limitless other than they were new and nobody knew much about them. Sigh. The time to do that is BEFORE you query! I've got nothing against new pubs, except that they are a risk even when I know a fair bit about the business and principals. I'm certainly not going to send them a whole catalog of manuscripts!

I sent the poster a link to look at this thread, but honestly, I give up. I'm just going to make a glitzy GIF of Filigree's Rule and apply it generically to all these little author mills scavenging off twitter pitches.

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
If you look at their website, you'll see that Limitless is trying to start its own twitter pitchfest, #Pit2LP, as if there's a long line of author's desperate to get in. They take just about everybody.

All you need to know about Limitless Publishing is that it's a sham operation run by a Hawaiian psychic and her daughter, who have 0 background in publishing. If you read Jennifer's earlier comments on this thread, it's really not surprising to hear she's a psychic. She's phony in every single way you could possibly imagine.

kjanssen

Registered
Reaction score
I've read through the threads above, and frankly, I am dismayed. Here's my experience with them:

I contracted with Limitless in May, 2015 and published an ebook and Paperback of my novel Siblings by K. J. Janssen, in August, 2015.

My relationship with Jennifer and members of the staff was at all times pleasureable and professional. The result was a novel with a knock-out cover and well edited format. The release, follow-up and promotional support has been outstanding.

As an aside I have found them to be open to ideas about things I have learned form the publishing of my other novels, Blood Money, Fatal Dose and Family Matters. Very few publishers are that open.

As far as I am concerned, Limitless Publishing is one of the most reputable and professional publishers around and I wish that more of their satisfied authors would take the time to write a thread about their experience.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I am open to any publisher, but when I read "Used", I was done. If, like a previous user said, they have since improved tremendously, I remain open, but then you need to ask yourself why this book hasn't been given a do-over in the meantime.
Granted, their cover art is wonderful. If money allows, I may read a few more recent titles. But for now, I'm sceptical. As I am concerning their defense being your first and only post so far.

kjanssen

Registered
Reaction score
In defense of Limitless Publishing

I am open to any publisher, but when I read "Used", I was done. If, like a previous user said, they have since improved tremendously, I remain open, but then you need to ask yourself why this book hasn't been given a do-over in the meantime.
Granted, their cover art is wonderful. If money allows, I may read a few more recent titles. But for now, I'm sceptical. As I am concerning their defense being your first and only post so far
I don't know what "used" and "do over" have to do with anything I said, but as far as this being my only entry into the fray, I just learned about Limitless early this year and came across these threads purely by accident. I truly believe that Absolute Write provides a great service to writers, readers and publishers. The important thing is to be honest in what is written. Maybe some people enjoy an adversarial role while using this service, but I can assure you that that is certainly not where I am coming from.

I am wondering whether entries from 2013 have any relevance on what the company is today. I have read several other novels from Limitless ("Trail of Deceit" by Dr. John C. House published in January, 2015, being one) and it was a fabulous book. I communicated with John before I signed the contract and was assured that Limitless was a very straightforward and honorable company to work with.

I applaud your fairness regarding reading some for yourself and I recommend "Trail of Deceit" or if you really want a novel that tackles today's issues while being entertaining and that has a suspenseful plot I recommend my novel "Siblings".

My best to you. Ravioli

Last edited:

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
You really think 2013 is irrelevant? The only reasonable case you could make for that would be the fact that since Limitless was founded in 2013 by people with no experience in publishing, they're better than they were. But really?

K.J. Janssen, your book is a perfect example of why someone should not sign with Limitless. Your book came out in August and you have barely any reviews and sales don't look to be very good. Of your two verified reviews, one is scathing and your response to it was highly unprofessional.

If I was researching publishers and came across Siblings, I would not even consider signing with that publisher.

Last edited:

kjanssen

Registered
Reaction score
Cameron,

Welcome.

It's good to communicate on Absolute Write with someone who is the real McCoy.

My very best to you,

Ken

Last edited:

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't see the post and probably shouldn't have referred to the author's response to his review as unprofessional. That's just always been a pet peeve of mine. I don't even review indie books on goodreads anymore because of the responses I get from authors if I write anything other than a perfect review. It makes me very uncomfortable and I imagine it's a turn off for most readers.

Mr. Janssen calls Limitless Publishing one of the most reputable and professional publishers around and then he chooses to bring up his book on this thread. To me, that makes observations about it fair game.

kjanssen

Registered
Reaction score
Alas,

I must return to writing. Endless banter puts no money in my pocket.

I conclude this discussion with the recommendation that writers should check out Limitless Publishing. The proof of the pudding is in the doing.I am happy with my association with Limitless and you can be too.

My best to all, the known and unknown, even the stubborn ones.

Ken

Last edited:

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Ken, it would be great if you can update us on Limitless as your experience with them progresses. Sometimes things *do* change, so firsthand knowledge is always appreciated. It will win a lot more support (and we can be supportive, believe it or not) if you try to stay as objective and impartial as you can. Actual data such as sales numbers are always valuable and appreciated.

Good luck with your book!

LadyErBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing has changed with Limitless. They're an author mill with a few successful authors. Their new "marketing department" is a major conflict of interest as all they did was hire HEA Book tours to do cover reveals/tweet about them. They recommend you hire HEA to do actual book tours. One of the co-founders of HEA is an LP author herself.

Granted, people have mixed opinions about book tours. Some people love them. That's fine, but to have a company press you to pay their own employees/authors quite frankly, sucks.

As objectively as humanly possible, this company is a complete joke. It's rather telling that their only (publicly) satisfied author needs to resort to personal attacks when presented with fair opposition.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Well, that was not the quickest flounce, but pretty fast nonetheless. I give it a 7 out of 10 for the gentlemanly style of the posts that weren't deleted.

In other news, I agree with DreamWeaver. Ken, if you ever come back, bringing specific facts & figures & details about your experience will change how people view Limitless.