• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Limitless Publishing

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Look up Limitless Publishing on Amazon, and read as many excerpts from top ranked and mid ranked books as your time permits. The reviews seem to vary widely. Sad to say, if the editing had been better on the ones I saw, I might be tempted to pencil this one into my sub-there-maybe list.

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
For the amount of time it takes to do the research, put the submission together (since they all want something different, even if it's just the way you title your files) it doesn't seem worth it at this point. I wanted to point out these issues because the thread had taken a wonky turn where people were praising them but it seemed undeserved. It's been a good discussion. It's good practice to look carefully at your options and see where the possible potholes are.

LimitlessPublishing

Registered
Reaction score
Aloha All,

I'm Jennifer with Limitless Publishing and let me clear some things up for you guys. I am a writer, and this did get me started in publishing, which I do make clear in our about us page. I got started in publishing because my own books sell sold so well that others asked me to help them. I didn't think anything of it for awhile, then, I decided to help other authors. From then on Limitless Publishing was born. Below are some facts about us.

*We are a VERY fast growing regular publishing company with ebooks, print and audio. We have over 50+ authors currently signed with us who are very happy. We sign new authors weekly. Feel free to contact any of them via social media and ask them yourself if you are curious.

*We are not a vanity publisher. We do not charge our authors for ANYTHING. We handle/pay for all editing, cover design, proofreading, etc.

*We have 6+ professional editors, 6+ professional proofreaders (different from the editors), 4 professional cover designers, and an in house staff.

*We no longer have a review team. We had one earlier to help our authors who had a hard time figuring out how to get reviews. They were made up of regular people who loved to read. Reviewers were simply offered a book in the genre they enjoyed, in exchange for an honest review, like most people do with bloggers.

*We no longer do any consulting. I offered this only because I had a few people who wished to self publish and wanted some consulting sessions on how to do so. I did not seek them out, they contacted me directly. However, I no longer have time for this, as I'm very busy with our books as we have several new releases being published each week, and this number is growing.

Lastly, I encourage you to look around and find the best fit for you. We are just simply on option in the sea of other publishers. But it's important to be with a publishing company who you are excited to sign with, not to be with one simply to be "published".

Our NEW website is currently in the process of going live again, so it is down temporarily. But it should be back up again this afternoon. So check back if you wish to see for yourself what we are all about www.limitlesspublishing.com

Last edited:

stephen andrew

Write, write, and keep reading
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I submitted to Limitless a few weeks ago, after an add on Twitter. A week later I got a request for a full. A little over two weeks after that, I got a contract offer, for my first book along with the rest of the series, if I was still interested in working with them. That was yesterday, and I told them I would be interested in reviewing an offer.

I've read through the posts on here, but was wondering if there is anyone who has been dealt with them in the contract or publication process?

I have mostly been querying agents, and only recently began submitting to a few small publishers. Limitless seems legitimate and their books seem to perform fairly well.

I don't have an agent presently, and this is my baby project, so I am cautious about moving forward, and would appreciate any helpful info.

Once they send me the contract for review, I can post further details about what the offer looks like.

WolfeMama

Registered
Reaction score
I have a submission in with this press at this time. I spoke to a few authors at the press, and they all seemed very happy. They have nice covers and seem to have good sales at the press. I'm excited to see how it goes.

They were quick to respond to my partial submission and ask for a full.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Okay, found it. I did get a contract offer but when I brought my agent in on the deal, they refused it. This is fair, in a round-about way since I was the one who made first contact. So they had no desire to be hooked at the last moment. This hurt and stymied me, but I still like Jennifer and their outfit. Has anybody ever had a rejection like this before?

tir

Last edited:

WolfeMama

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, found it. I did get a contract offer but when I brought my agent in on the deal, they refused it. This is fair, in a round-about way since I was the one who made first contact. So they had no desire to be hooked at the last moment. This hurt and stymied me, but I still like Jennifer and their outfit. Has anybody ever had a rejection like this before?

tir

Limitless didn't want to work with your agent? Or the agent with Limitless?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Limitless refused the agent participation. The reason they gave--I sent the sub and received the contract. I was the primary solicitor. I mentioned that I would like to have my agent look it over. They said they didn't want an agent brought in on the deal after I did the negotiating. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I included my bio and credits in the email and it was clearly visible that I was repped. So I never understood this action by them. However I really like Jennifer and their little pub house.

In case your wondering--my agent takes the high road and submits to the larger presses, wherein I'm allowed to query the smaller guys and report on any good hits.

tri

Cassie Knight

Romance with Kick-Assitude!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cassielknight.net
Limitless refused the agent participation. The reason they gave--I sent the sub and received the contract. I was the primary solicitor. I mentioned that I would like to have my agent look it over. They said they didn't want an agent brought in on the deal after I did the negotiating. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I included my bio and credits in the email and it was clearly visible that I was repped. So I never understood this action by them. However I really like Jennifer and their little pub house.

In case your wondering--my agent takes the high road and submits to the larger presses, wherein I'm allowed to query the smaller guys and report on any good hits.

tri

It sounds as if you negotiated with them then wanted to bring in your agent? If so, I can understand frustration over that since the agent might have brought up more points and negotiations would start all over again. That's inefficient.

However, they could have set conditions and said, sure your agent is welcome to review; however, negotiations are done. So, to use that as a reason is pretty lame.

They certainly have the right to run things as they wish but your experience makes me wonder at the true reason behind their withdrawal.

I hope you found success with that book elsewhere.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Sorry, negotiation was the wrong term. The only thing I said was "yeah, send the contract." I said nothing to them and did not read the attached contract at all. I made no deals, didn't say yea or nay and told them that I would (only) like my agent to see it first. I never, ever mess with clauses or make suggestions on a contract to my agent before I hand it over. That would be totally awkward and cause a head-on crash on the down the road. I never even ask if they furnished an advance, what their publishing timeline was or their distribution capabilities.

I think what I should have done right from the beginning was to tell the publisher to send the contract to my agent and not me.If their policy was to keep agents out of their deals, that would have told me right away

Last edited:

CVargo

Registered
Reaction score
I have a submission in with this press at this time. I spoke to a few authors at the press, and they all seemed very happy. They have nice covers and seem to have good sales at the press. I'm excited to see how it goes.

They were quick to respond to my partial submission and ask for a full.

Have you heard anything back from them? I received a request for a full on the 8th and sent it right away. It's hard to occupy myself and not check my email all day.

WolfeMama

Registered
Reaction score
Have you heard anything back from them? I received a request for a full on the 8th and sent it right away. It's hard to occupy myself and not check my email all day.

I have! The timeline has been wonderful and so the submission lady has been very friendly.
Subbed the book on Jan 5. and had a request for full that evening. Received a response on Jan. 9 they'd like to offer contract. I've yet to see the contract, but it is the weekend. Once I have a look over it, I will make my final decision.

CVargo

Registered
Reaction score
I have! The timeline has been wonderful and so the submission lady has been very friendly.
Subbed the book on Jan 5. and had a request for full that evening. Received a response on Jan. 9 they'd like to offer contract. I've yet to see the contract, but it is the weekend. Once I have a look over it, I will make my final decision.

Wow! Congrats! And that is super fast! Makes me more nervous, lol. By your timeline, I should (hopefully) hear back from them this week. Congrats again! By the looks of things they're great at marketing and getting their authors known.

WolfeMama

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congrats! And that is super fast! Makes me more nervous, lol. By your timeline, I should (hopefully) hear back from them this week. Congrats again! By the looks of things they're great at marketing and getting their authors known.

Hope you hear something soon.
One reason why I chose them was they have good marketing and do seem to be getting authors known. I've been published 3 years and ready to get my name out there more than I have. :)

CVargo

Registered
Reaction score
Hope you hear something soon.
One reason why I chose them was they have good marketing and do seem to be getting authors known. I've been published 3 years and ready to get my name out there more than I have. :)

Hopefully you get your contract soon. I know they're quite a few hours behind us (well, I'm in Eastern time, but still) so hopefully you'll receive it soon. :)

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Agree with Filigree. Please give specifics facts and or links to other articles which support your comment. Otherwise it's no more than an some anonymous writer/reader/employee throwing sour grapes...

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Has there been a turn over in editors or is it still the same editor now swamped. Sounds like they are turning into an author mill.

pinkbowvintage

♔
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent experience with this publisher? I received a full request from them today.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Huh, that's quite odd, but I remember reading about this upthread. Do they have a thing against agents?

I just don't think they wanted to make any minor or major changes to their contract, whether it was boilerplate or not. This trend, from what I've seen, is gaining momentum. That's the fourth small press outfit that told me in so many words that agents don't have a significant influence or pull on them and that their contracts are non-negotiable. Begs the question: would they be prone to changes if they were made by the author only?