The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Limitless Publishing

Look up Limitless Publishing on Amazon, and read as many excerpts from top ranked and mid ranked books as your time permits. The reviews seem to vary widely. Sad to say, if the editing had been better on the ones I saw, I might be tempted to pencil this one into my sub-there-maybe list.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

practical experience, FTW
    For the amount of time it takes to do the research, put the submission together (since they all want something different, even if it's just the way you title your files) it doesn't seem worth it at this point. I wanted to point out these issues because the thread had taken a wonky turn where people were praising them but it seemed undeserved. It's been a good discussion. It's good practice to look carefully at your options and see where the possible potholes are.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Aloha All,

I'm Jennifer with Limitless Publishing and let me clear some things up for you guys. I am a writer, and this did get me started in publishing, which I do make clear in our about us page. I got started in publishing because my own books sell sold so well that others asked me to help them. I didn't think anything of it for awhile, then, I decided to help other authors. From then on Limitless Publishing was born. Below are some facts about us.

*We are a VERY fast growing regular publishing company with ebooks, print and audio. We have over 50+ authors currently signed with us who are very happy. We sign new authors weekly. Feel free to contact any of them via social media and ask them yourself if you are curious.

*We are not a vanity publisher. We do not charge our authors for ANYTHING. We handle/pay for all editing, cover design, proofreading, etc.

*We have 6+ professional editors, 6+ professional proofreaders (different from the editors), 4 professional cover designers, and an in house staff.

*We no longer have a review team. We had one earlier to help our authors who had a hard time figuring out how to get reviews. They were made up of regular people who loved to read. Reviewers were simply offered a book in the genre they enjoyed, in exchange for an honest review, like most people do with bloggers.

*We no longer do any consulting. I offered this only because I had a few people who wished to self publish and wanted some consulting sessions on how to do so. I did not seek them out, they contacted me directly. However, I no longer have time for this, as I'm very busy with our books as we have several new releases being published each week, and this number is growing.

Lastly, I encourage you to look around and find the best fit for you. We are just simply on option in the sea of other publishers. But it's important to be with a publishing company who you are excited to sign with, not to be with one simply to be "published".

Our NEW website is currently in the process of going live again, so it is down temporarily. But it should be back up again this afternoon. So check back if you wish to see for yourself what we are all about www.limitlesspublishing.com
    Last edited by LimitlessPublishing; 10-22-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Write, write, and keep reading stephen andrew's Avatar
    Hi all,

I submitted to Limitless a few weeks ago, after an add on Twitter. A week later I got a request for a full. A little over two weeks after that, I got a contract offer, for my first book along with the rest of the series, if I was still interested in working with them. That was yesterday, and I told them I would be interested in reviewing an offer.

I've read through the posts on here, but was wondering if there is anyone who has been dealt with them in the contract or publication process?

I have mostly been querying agents, and only recently began submitting to a few small publishers. Limitless seems legitimate and their books seem to perform fairly well.

I don't have an agent presently, and this is my baby project, so I am cautious about moving forward, and would appreciate any helpful info.

Once they send me the contract for review, I can post further details about what the offer looks like.
    Twitter: @stephenandroux

THE LINGERING SHADOW - YA sci-fi/fantasy complete

Running with the Bordeauxs - YA contemporary, in-progress

Bode Marvellus - MG sci-fi, in-progress

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin WolfeMama's Avatar
    I have a submission in with this press at this time. I spoke to a few authors at the press, and they all seemed very happy. They have nice covers and seem to have good sales at the press. I'm excited to see how it goes.

They were quick to respond to my partial submission and ask for a full.
    Author of both contemporary and erotic

I've had a sale with Limitless, but my agent nixed the deal for reasons I'm not entirely sure. I'll have to get back on this one and see what happened.

Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by triceretops; 01-07-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Okay, found it. I did get a contract offer but when I brought my agent in on the deal, they refused it. This is fair, in a round-about way since I was the one who made first contact. So they had no desire to be hooked at the last moment. This hurt and stymied me, but I still like Jennifer and their outfit. Has anybody ever had a rejection like this before?

tir
    Last edited by triceretops; 01-07-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by triceretops View Post
    Okay, found it. I did get a contract offer but when I brought my agent in on the deal, they refused it. This is fair, in a round-about way since I was the one who made first contact. So they had no desire to be hooked at the last moment. This hurt and stymied me, but I still like Jennifer and their outfit. Has anybody ever had a rejection like this before?

tir
    Limitless didn't want to work with your agent? Or the agent with Limitless?

Limitless refused the agent participation. The reason they gave--I sent the sub and received the contract. I was the primary solicitor. I mentioned that I would like to have my agent look it over. They said they didn't want an agent brought in on the deal after I did the negotiating. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I included my bio and credits in the email and it was clearly visible that I was repped. So I never understood this action by them. However I really like Jennifer and their little pub house.

In case your wondering--my agent takes the high road and submits to the larger presses, wherein I'm allowed to query the smaller guys and report on any good hits.

tri

Romance with Kick-Assitude! Cassie Knight's Avatar
    Limitless refused the agent participation. The reason they gave--I sent the sub and received the contract. I was the primary solicitor. I mentioned that I would like to have my agent look it over. They said they didn't want an agent brought in on the deal after I did the negotiating. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I included my bio and credits in the email and it was clearly visible that I was repped. So I never understood this action by them. However I really like Jennifer and their little pub house.

In case your wondering--my agent takes the high road and submits to the larger presses, wherein I'm allowed to query the smaller guys and report on any good hits.

tri
    It sounds as if you negotiated with them then wanted to bring in your agent? If so, I can understand frustration over that since the agent might have brought up more points and negotiations would start all over again. That's inefficient.

However, they could have set conditions and said, sure your agent is welcome to review; however, negotiations are done. So, to use that as a reason is pretty lame.

They certainly have the right to run things as they wish but your experience makes me wonder at the true reason behind their withdrawal.

I hope you found success with that book elsewhere.
    Cassiel Knight
    Publisher, Champagne Book Group
    www.champagnebooks.com
    Paranormal Romance with Kick-Assitude!
    www.CassielKnight.com

Sorry, negotiation was the wrong term. The only thing I said was "yeah, send the contract." I said nothing to them and did not read the attached contract at all. I made no deals, didn't say yea or nay and told them that I would (only) like my agent to see it first. I never, ever mess with clauses or make suggestions on a contract to my agent before I hand it over. That would be totally awkward and cause a head-on crash on the down the road. I never even ask if they furnished an advance, what their publishing timeline was or their distribution capabilities.

I think what I should have done right from the beginning was to tell the publisher to send the contract to my agent and not me.If their policy was to keep agents out of their deals, that would have told me right away
    Last edited by triceretops; 01-11-2015 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMama View Post
    I have a submission in with this press at this time. I spoke to a few authors at the press, and they all seemed very happy. They have nice covers and seem to have good sales at the press. I'm excited to see how it goes.

They were quick to respond to my partial submission and ask for a full.
    Have you heard anything back from them? I received a request for a full on the 8th and sent it right away. It's hard to occupy myself and not check my email all day.

Crap. I sent an older version of my YA fantasy to a publisher who rejected it on the grounds of poor spelling and some grammar mistakes. Now that's embarrassing! I just just shot my only chance with them. I've since go over it and they were dead-on.

tri

Quote Originally Posted by CVargo View Post
    Have you heard anything back from them? I received a request for a full on the 8th and sent it right away. It's hard to occupy myself and not check my email all day.
    I have! The timeline has been wonderful and so the submission lady has been very friendly.
    Subbed the book on Jan 5. and had a request for full that evening. Received a response on Jan. 9 they'd like to offer contract. I've yet to see the contract, but it is the weekend. Once I have a look over it, I will make my final decision.

Smile

I have! The timeline has been wonderful and so the submission lady has been very friendly.
    Subbed the book on Jan 5. and had a request for full that evening. Received a response on Jan. 9 they'd like to offer contract. I've yet to see the contract, but it is the weekend. Once I have a look over it, I will make my final decision.
    Wow! Congrats! And that is super fast! Makes me more nervous, lol. By your timeline, I should (hopefully) hear back from them this week. Congrats again! By the looks of things they're great at marketing and getting their authors known.

Quote Originally Posted by CVargo View Post
    Wow! Congrats! And that is super fast! Makes me more nervous, lol. By your timeline, I should (hopefully) hear back from them this week. Congrats again! By the looks of things they're great at marketing and getting their authors known.
    Hope you hear something soon.
    One reason why I chose them was they have good marketing and do seem to be getting authors known. I've been published 3 years and ready to get my name out there more than I have.

Hope you hear something soon.
    One reason why I chose them was they have good marketing and do seem to be getting authors known. I've been published 3 years and ready to get my name out there more than I have.
    Hopefully you get your contract soon. I know they're quite a few hours behind us (well, I'm in Eastern time, but still) so hopefully you'll receive it soon.

Specifics, if you can offer them?

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

A Gentleman of a refined age... thothguard51's Avatar
    Agree with Filigree. Please give specifics facts and or links to other articles which support your comment. Otherwise it's no more than an some anonymous writer/reader/employee throwing sour grapes...
    Knowledge is learned while wisdom is earned.

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
    Book 1, A Game of Pawns
    Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
    Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
    Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
    Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony

A Gentleman of a refined age... thothguard51's Avatar
    Has there been a turn over in editors or is it still the same editor now swamped. Sounds like they are turning into an author mill.
    Knowledge is learned while wisdom is earned.

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
    Book 1, A Game of Pawns
    Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
    Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
    Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
    Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony

Does anyone have any recent experience with this publisher? I received a full request from them today.
    My YA debut BURRO HILLS is coming from Diversion Books in 2018!

YA LGBT Contemporary/Thriller - Revising
    YA Contemporary Mystery/Horror - Writing, 29k+
    Short Fiction Online: Rabbit Suit

Website
    + Twitter

Well, they offered me a contract but flatly refused to deal with my agent. So we gave them the boot.

Well, they offered me a contract but flatly refused to deal with my agent. So we gave them the boot.
    Huh, that's quite odd, but I remember reading about this upthread. Do they have a thing against agents?
    My YA debut BURRO HILLS is coming from Diversion Books in 2018!

YA LGBT Contemporary/Thriller - Revising
    YA Contemporary Mystery/Horror - Writing, 29k+
    Short Fiction Online: Rabbit Suit

Website
    + Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbowvintage View Post
    Huh, that's quite odd, but I remember reading about this upthread. Do they have a thing against agents?
    I just don't think they wanted to make any minor or major changes to their contract, whether it was boilerplate or not. This trend, from what I've seen, is gaining momentum. That's the fourth small press outfit that told me in so many words that agents don't have a significant influence or pull on them and that their contracts are non-negotiable. Begs the question: would they be prone to changes if they were made by the author only?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast