The New Rising Star in Texas: George P. Bush

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...publicans_get_excited_about_jeb_bush_son.html

George Prescott Bush, the son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, and newphew of former president George W. Bush, has already filed all the preliminary paperwork to run for office in Texas in 2014, reports Politico.

On one hand, I feel it would be unfair to judge this up and coming politician by his name, state, and family, without taking a long, hard look at his political positions.

On the other, I just don't know if I could vote for George Bush.

The Republicans need a new direction. I don't know if another George Bush out of Texas can be that, even if he's a spanish-speaking military man.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
You're way too nice. I'm perfectly willing to call a wolf a wolf even before I check to see if he's got a sheep haircut. Hair always grows out again, and I'm a big fan of genetics. :D

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
The first George Bush never seemed all that bad to me. I was a kid, but I liked him better than Reagan. Although in retrospect, he was probably not a very good parent.

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
If it's going to stay in the one family you Americans should just admit the monarchy. XD

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
If it's going to stay in the one family you Americans should just admit the monarchy. XD

There are several political dynasties - probably the most powerful one was the Harrison Dynasty/Family, whose last member was in office into the 1970s, as far as I can tell. They have their origins all the way back to the founding of the Virginia Colony.

Other such families include the Lee and the Randolph Family which dates similarly but still has members in power, namely as judges.

Last edited:

eparadysz

Registered
Reaction score
Nostalgia trip: He's one of the grandchildren George H. W. Bush once referred to as "the little brown ones." And now he's all grown up. *sniff*

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not altogether sure you folks have to worry about a potential land commissioner having his finger on the button any time soon.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Meh. Fair's fair. It's not like we haven't had a glut of Kennedy's either. :D

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Quick, somebody find a Kennedy to combat this new threat! :D

Seriously, I would love to see a political talk show hosted by a Bush and a Kennedy.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear god, just make it stop.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no. Now I've gone and done it... Priene's channeling Death Wizard. :D

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More a rising hope at this point, than a star. But I'd bet the Rove & Bush money machines are already working on making him one.

They had better work on a name change while they're at it.

As evident from his absence from the last two national conventions, George W. Bush has made his surname toxic to the Republican Party.

Texas may be ready for more Bush, but the rest of America will opt to remain shaved. :sarcasm

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
As I recall, we didn't see much of Jimmy Carter for a bit either. Who knows. Dubya may come back to haunt you all. :D

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
The Bush family could use some creativity when it comes to names...